Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Another way is if you can turn it inside out (if it has socks rather than boots), reverse the suit inflate, plug the wrist and neck seal (I've used bottles of water for the wrists and small football for the neck) and inflate.

Spray water mixed with washing up liquid in the vicinity of the leak and look for the bubbles, mark with chalk and when dry, clean the area and fix with aquasure.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    What do you use as plugs?
    My special tool for filling an inside out dryssuit with water is this:

A tupperware cup with a 15mm tank connector, short piece of 15mm pipe, an isolator valve, and a hozelock connector. You could omit the pipe and isolator, but then you have to run back the the garden tap to stop it filling.

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    My special tool for filling an inside out dryssuit with water is this:

A tupperware cup with a 15mm tank connector, short piece of 15mm pipe, an isolator valve, and a hozelock connector. You could omit the pipe and isolator, but then you have to run back the the garden tap to stop it filling.

Yeah that's what I was on about

You'd think that the guys that did the video would have something like that rather than scunching up the neckseal
    around the hose and using maskinf tape.

Established TDF Member Steve Clark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    Yeah that's what I was on about

You'd think that the guys that did the video would have something like that rather than scunching up the neckseal
    around the hose and using maskinf tape.
    That's because the guys at DUI pay $6 for a zip-neck seal, rather than 104.00.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    That's because the guys at DUI pay $6 for a zip-neck seal, rather than 104.00.
    Yeah that's kinda an engineering fail seeing as it would be about $6 to knock up a fitting from home depot
    that will mean zero seals get broke for like ever

Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know I have leak in the suit as distinct from the P valve.
    Standing waist deep in water I saw little bubbles appearing at the edge of pocket join which confirmed my earlier suspicion that I was little more damp then I should be on that leg and on that area.

While I am familiar with the regular pressurise and water test from the outside approach I am going to with an inverted one because it can be hard to track down the origin of the leak when it is coming from somewhere under the pocket. Firth's idea of decorating paper is good one to give me a non damp easy to see the spots surface.
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12