Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tank bar

  1. #1
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Smoke
    Posts
    49
    Likes (Given)
    23
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Tank bar

    I want to get a big fcuk off bar that has a thread on it that will fit a tank valve. I tried scubatools but lucked out - maybe because I am not sure what these things are called. Anyone know where I can get one?

  2. #2
    TDF Member Piemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I want to get a big fcuk off bar that has a thread on it that will fit a tank valve. I tried scubatools but lucked out - maybe because I am not sure what these things are called. Anyone know where I can get one?
    Like this one? http://www.scubasupport.nl/webshop/P...oval-tool.html

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Posts
    1,769
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    623
    Or this http://www.narkedat90.com/din_valve_tool_p/0055.htm


    TG

    Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

  4. #4
    TDF Member Druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Co Durham
    Posts
    178
    Likes (Given)
    25
    Likes (Received)
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyg View Post
    Or this http://www.narkedat90.com/din_valve_tool_p/0055.htm


    TG

    Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    Ouch! Just under 50 for a bit of hex bar with a thread at one end. I see a business opportunity for a man with a lathe.

  5. #5
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Room 531
    Posts
    7,041
    Likes (Given)
    1621
    Likes (Received)
    5379
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Ouch! Just under 50 for a bit of hex bar with a thread at one end. I see a business opportunity for a man with a lathe.
    Or just buy the right size spanner to fit the neck of the valve, tap it with a rubber mallet if it needs encouragement. Even a large adjustable will do the job. Threads are easy to knacker and the side walls on a lot of valves are pretty thin.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

  6. #6
    Established TDF Member jamesp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    4,643
    Likes (Given)
    2541
    Likes (Received)
    1651
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Ouch! Just under 50 for a bit of hex bar with a thread at one end. I see a business opportunity for a man with a lathe.
    Mine were a little more complicated (had a lock nut, to save ovaling the valve thread), and cost less.

    Still might have some in a cupboard somewhere in work.

    There was little demand & Narked have the "name" to go to.

  7. #7
    Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Oman
    Posts
    1,579
    Likes (Given)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemaster View Post
    Like this one? http://www.scubasupport.nl/webshop/P...oval-tool.html

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Is it just me or does that look like a guaranteed way of knackering the valve thread? The metal is very thin and not designed to take any force in that direction. I have always used a big adjustable spanner across the valve flats accompanied with a few light taps from a dead blow hammer if it needs more "persuasion" and I have never had to do more than kneel on a cylinder on a carpeted floor (when SWMBO is out obv.) to get enough resistance to get the valve moving


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •