X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cathal
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

Rebreather Data

Looking for the following data for a project. If anyone has any actual hard data or links they'd like to share, much appreciated:

Number of CCR's in use globally
    Current CCR sales trends globally

Cathal
  • simon mitchell
    TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by cathal
    Looking for the following data for a project. If anyone has any actual hard data or links they'd like to share, much appreciated:

Number of CCR's in use globally
    Current CCR sales trends globally

Cathal
    Hello Cathal,

These data don't exist unfortunately - not in the public domain anyway. Lots of speculation but nothing solid. The hardest data we have are training numbers (new entry level rebreather certs by the 3 biggest agencies) published in the Rebreather Forum 3 Proceedings 2012. The paper is entitled "A tripartisan look at the state of rebreathers: ANDI, IANTD, TDI collective rebreather certification numbers and market analysis". It appears on pages 281 - 286 of the proceedings document.

If you google Rebreather Forum 3 Proceedings you will find a number of places where you can download the document. It is pretty big I think.

If my memory serves me correctly there had been approx. 17,000 new rebreather certs world wide by those 3 agencies at the time of the meeting. That does not, of course, amount to 17,000 active rebreather divers, so straight away you have to start making assumptions. You might also look at Andrew Fock's fatality paper published in DHM. A moderate amount of informed speculation about the numbers you are looking for. I can send you the paper if you can't find it.

Simon M

Comment

• cathal
      Established TDF Member
      • Jan 2013

Thanks Simon. I'll take a look later on today.
      Much appreciated.

Cathal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...