X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwhitlow
    Coastal Member
    • Dec 2012

Rebreathers and Scientific Diving

Just spotted this link to some light reading for anyone who dives CCR, or just likes a read

Rebreathers and scientific diving proceedings 2016
  • Alby R
    Established TDF Member
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by dwhitlow
    Just spotted this link to some light reading for anyone who dives CCR, or just likes a read

hi d

light reading your having a laugh fell asleep after the contents page (he he)

alby

Comment

• iain/hsm
      Banned
      • Jun 2014

On first read specific subjects that are well known (to me), defined and easy to verify
      Some how this "Advert" of an article shows way too much inaccuracy.

On specific topics it is interestingly vague on specific definable (but uncomfortable points)
      On dates claimed that one would expect to be specific as well as accurate, it is way to vague.
      And on specific claims made, simply inaccurate.

Overall IMHO an American centric article that once again invokes the 800 pound gorilla in the corner.

An American expression for a person or organisation so powerful that it can act without regard
      to the claims of others, or truth.

"Drink the Cool Aid" is the other expresion that comes to mind. Others may disagree LOL

Comment

• paulnlowry
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by iain/hsm
        On first read specific subjects that are well known (to me), defined and easy to verify

On specific topics it is interestingly vague on specific definable (but uncomfortable points)
        On dates claimed that one would expect to be specific as well as accurate, it is way to vague.

Overall IMHO an American centric article that once again invokes the 800 pound gorilla in the corner.

An American expression for a person or organisation so powerful that it can act without regard

"Drink the Cool Aid" is the other expresion that comes to mind. Others may disagree LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/800-pound_gorilla
        Ah the generous Mr W Pollock Phd- I wonder if work will notice if I print out all the 277 pages in colour.

Comment

• simon mitchell
          TDF Member
          • Jan 2013

Hello Iain,

Call me sensitive, but I have two papers in this proceedings document and I would not characterise either of them as lacking accuracy or American-centric. I personally think this is a very valuable document. It is the ONLY place you will find Gavin Anthony's data on gas density and CO2 retention published. Worth the price of admission for that alone.

Simon M

Comment

• EngelenD
            TDF Member
            • Feb 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/800-pound_gorilla
            Then why don't you correct the inaccuracies, then we can all learn from it and you'll post becomes very valuable.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

• iain/hsm
              Banned
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by simon mitchell
              Hello Iain,

Call me sensitive.

Simon M
              Hey Simon

That's undisputed, been known for years....... LOL

Comment

• iain/hsm
                Banned
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by EngelenD
                Then why don't you correct the inaccuracies, then we can all learn from it and you'll post becomes very valuable.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
                Why? it's been discussed before ad nauseam on here YD, RBW yada yada yada
                Repeating inaccuracy again and again and again is pretty poor. But is fits the agenda.

But to my mind worst than that is repeating the correction. Once should have been enough
                In the words of Lenin "Lies repeated often enough, becomes truth"

Given time I trust at some point you may ask yourself if you indeed like this "Cool Aid" scuba circus.

With my sincere apologise to those sensitive souls amongst us who to my mind have been dragged unknowingly into this
                in order to jack up the "credibility show" aspects of the presentation of said circus. Iain M

Comment

• Capt Morgan
                  Where'd The Bubbles Go ....?
                  • Dec 2012

Why? it's been discussed before ad nauseam on here YD, RBW yada yada yada
                  Repeating inaccuracy again and again and again is pretty poor. But is fits the agenda.

But to my mind worst than that is repeating the correction. Once should have been enough
                  In the words of Lenin "Lies repeated often enough, becomes truth"

Given time I trust at some point you may ask yourself if you indeed like this "Cool Aid" scuba circus.

With my sincere apologise to those sensitive souls amongst us who to my mind have been dragged unknowingly into this
                  in order to jack up the "credibility show" aspects of the presentation of said circus. Iain M
                  Any chance of letting us know what the agenda is?

Comment

• cathal
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Jan 2013

Some how this "Advert" of an article shows way too much inaccuracy.[/url]
                    I find it ironic that you make a claim of this paper having 'way too much inaccuracy' without providing one shred of evidence to backup your claim, while at the same time the very paper that you criticise is bulging with academic references that back it up.
                    Last edited by cathal; 02-12-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• iain/hsm
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by cathal
                      I find it ironic that you make a claim of this paper having 'way too much inaccuracy' without providing one shred of evidence to backup your claim, while at the same time the very paper that you criticise is bulging with academic references that back it up.
                      Hardly ironic but staggering non the less. Who would have thought.
                      As you say bulging with academic references and yet they still manage get the basic facts wrong.
                      Despite clear concise and repeatable evidence to the contrary and repeated "proof" being shown and discussed time after time yada yada yada

Roll up, Roll up, the "Cool Aid Circus" is in town............... again.

Comment

• dwhitlow
                        Coastal Member
                        • Dec 2012

Hardly ironic but staggering non the less. Who would have thought.
                        As you say bulging with academic references and yet they still manage get the basic facts wrong.
                        Despite clear concise and repeatable evidence to the contrary and repeated "proof" being shown and discussed time after time yada yada yada

Roll up, Roll up, the "Cool Aid Circus" is in town............... again.

When you are posting about areas in which you can be authoritative your contributions are valuable and worthy of attention. However, there are times, and I feel this is one of them, where you seem to have joined the folk who cry "Let's Take Back Control” and “We Want Our Country Back!” or even "Make America Great Again".

Comment

• cathal
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Jan 2013

Yet more baseless accusations. Simply back up your accusation with facts. If not, your post is about as credible as "lets make America great again"

Comment

• iain/hsm
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2014

When you are posting about areas in which you can be authoritative your contributions are valuable and worthy of attention. However, there are times, and I feel this is one of them, where you seem to have joined the folk who cry "Let's Take Back Control” and “We Want Our Country Back!” or even "Make America Great Again".
                            Dear me, that’s a bit strong!!

More like “Major Kong rides the bomb” .

Hi There!

Dr. Strangelove movie clips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbXA4lyCtqofD2-h3xInLvQuYcFUHvTBBUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/sfVV1yDon't miss the HOTTE...

Some here may not like it. LOL

Comment

• Darren A
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Dec 2012

Blimey Iain, it's a bit early in the day to be drunk already

Comment

Working...