Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inquest outcome

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunicates View Post
    Trip Advisor has some amazing reviews of the outfit. Especially the bad ones, from the poor girls chums.....

Happy reading it is not.
    SH1T... Muppets... Presumably the crew were a bunch of poor gappies paying for the experience and when it all went to rats they couldn't cope on any level. My daughter is off on a similar trip soon and this sort of thing scares the life out of me

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not sure l would have put up with being locked in, especially on a boat where the crew couldn't run an egg and spoon race, let alone a safe dive trip.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
    'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    I really have an issue about trial dives in the sea... nice for commercial reasons.. easy sell to the punters.. but fails on every form of risk assessment compared to a 3m swimming pool. Utter bollocks I think.
    I did my DSD in the sea and it was that experience that encouraged me to learn to dive. The difference was that it was conducted about 100m offshore, in an area of sandy bottomed, clear viz, <6m deep warm water with no current and lots of nice coral blocks nearby and there was only 3 of us with 2 staff. I think sea DSDs can work very well but most people won't have such sites available. Not sure I'd want to do one in the UK at all.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    I did my DSD in the sea and it was that experience that encouraged me to learn to dive. The difference was that it was conducted about 100m offshore, in an area of sandy bottomed, clear viz, <6m deep warm water with no current and lots of nice coral blocks nearby and there was only 3 of us with 2 staff. I think sea DSDs can work very well but most people won't have such sites available. Not sure I'd want to do one in the UK at all.
    Yeah - sea, quarry or pool are all ok - it's just that the conditions have to be sheltered, safe & predictable. There's even a couple of shore sites in the UK I'd consider appropriate.

As I'm sure we all agree, chucking a try diver over the side of a boat into "deep" sea is recklessly inappropriate.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniele View Post
    I had a medical cert for type 2 diabetes. Apparently in Queensland if you have type 2 diabetes you can't get a medical pass!!

See post#3 from 2 years ago
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    See post#3 from 2 years ago
    I think that is your post, it's got the double exclamation and everything.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12