X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karl P
    New TDF Member
    • Sep 2016

Light for Me 4Tec experiences

Hi, does anyone have any experiences of the L4M 4Tec primary light? The Youtube videos look good and the prices are reasonable but I'm sceptical of the quality and after sales service (as I've heard they've had their issues but this is always 3rd hand info so who knows).

Cheers

Karl
  • Iain
    Fat Ninja
    • Sep 2013

Its what I have, I cant tell you about after sales for any issues as in the 9 months I have had mine I have had no issues.

It is a good torch though with for me the only minor problem is the recessed touch switch can be knocked on by mistake BUT its so bright it is pretty noticeable when you do it.

I would recommend it.

Comment

• MSargeant
      TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

I have one of the old ones and it's a great light

Comment

• Phate
        Bewildered Nomad
        • Jan 2014

I recently had to send one of my torches back and Anna Dub was excellent at handling everything. Good responses to the tickets, great service. From this experience I'd say it was good. I've heard mixed stories of others. But thats the case with every manufacturer though?

Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
        Travel Blog Twitter

Comment

• Vanny
          Gone diving back later
          • Jan 2013

My NW7 incorporates the 4Tec, great light, love it.

Comment

• JimmE
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

A regular buddy of mine has the 4Tec. I was impressed and went to buy one, and found that the 7XRE was only about £25 more, and much brighter!

Have had it since January this year and done around 30 dives with it so early days.

However, I would agree that the new piezo switches are better than the old twist switch my buddy has, though I also find mine can get knocked on in a RIB. Less of an issue in a hardboard as generally less stuff moving around/piled up.

Very pleased with the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            www.eastcornwalldivers.co.uk

Comment

• Cybes
              Sand Dancer on Tour
              • Feb 2014

I'm looking at lights for next season. The 4Tec was my first choice until questions of reliability and poor service arose. From what I've read it works well when it works, then it's let down by poor service - repair. Its still a possible but the negative comments have put me off a bit.

I'm now looking at the Halcyon Flare. Mainly because the bloke I know who has one raves about it.

A good recommendation from someone who has one means a lot. I don't know anybody who has the 4Tec.

Let me know how you find it when you get one :-)

Comment

• nowherers
                New TDF Member
                • Sep 2016

My brother has one. Really cant tell anything bad about it. It's the old one with a 6.75Ah Battery and he bought it used. Its definitely a great light. The Spot is really bright...but its a saber. If you need a bright surrounding then id go for the NW7 or the Seaya 30/70W.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chronic Pain
                  New TDF Member
                  • Sep 2016

I do own one.
                  I can confirm all what has been previously said.

1. Cheaper than competition
                  2. Extremely bright, cold light, but it is a saber. Great for signaling, less if you need an alo around (but there are other models)
                  3. The switch can be inadvertly operated, mine for example by the double ender I add. Not an issue on a boat as you see it, but could be a problem in a bag (where I keep my sidemount harness with the light mounted on)
                  4. It comes with no cap for either ends of the light/battery connection, so you cannot disconnect it and then wash your kit. First wash, then dry, then disconnect. I heard there are caps available but I couldnt find them yet (I found those for the old versions though)
                  5. I haven't use the service as yet.

Hope it helps
                  S.

Comment

• Vanny
                    Gone diving back later
                    • Jan 2013

My battery is just over a year old. A standard regulator din cap fits the battery fine.

Comment

• Major Clanger
                      Purine hurts my feet
                      • Dec 2012

Questions of reliability. From who? Rugged and reliable imo.
                      GaryL

Comment

• Baron015
                        Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                        Questions of reliability. From who? Rugged and reliable imo.
                        I've had a L4Me 2 years now, never any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Memento mori.

Comment

• Doomanic
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Dec 2012

I've had a rotary switch 4Tec for nearly 5 years! It's still on the original 3 HR NiCad battery and runs for well over 2hrs on full power. It had to go back once under warranty and I'd say service was adequate. Not exceptional but not terrible either.
                          If it failed completely or got stolen, I'd replace it with a Focus if I won the lottery but more realistically I'd happily buy another.
                          Originally posted by Chrisch
                          Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

Working...