Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bauer PE100 240v 232 or 300bar compressor

I bought the Compressor from new
    It has done approximately 43 hours it has had new filters and oil since purchase, the sale inc filling whip, A-clamp adaptor and the remaining motor lube
    comes with the blue rolling trolley to move around easily its in very good condition, like new, offers from £1800 + delivery/ collection preferred...
    PM for pics
    Power supply runs on a standard 230v Domestic supply
    Approximately 26 months from purchase used on and off for 13months
    Service history has had new filters and oil bought direct from Bauer early 2016
    Factory service I believe is 500 hours or two years at the cost of £110 approx. from memory
    The compressor is set to 232bar with a blow off at 250bar
    (you can buy a different blow off valve from Bauer if you require 300bar) this is not included

Last edited by umbrellaman; 01-10-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    With Ian/HSM lurking, it's a brave man who tries to sell a compressor on TDF

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It will be ok
    That's a good price for a nearly new Bauer
    I would keep it if I was able to still dive

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren A View Post
    With Ian/HSM lurking, it's a brave man who tries to sell a compressor on TDF
    I was just thinking that Especially with a stock photo.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They say never let a challenge go to waste, and this advert is a real challenge.
    A masterclass in the art of obfuscation and mixed innuendo and a challenge to work out just what it is that’s for sale.
    If this man ever needs a job I would suggest advertising. Estate Agents would form an orderly queue, to write with this skill.

Here we go, my few basic rudimentary questions when considering buying a second hand compressor:

Question Number 1

Quote Originally Posted by umbrellaman View Post
    Can you pick one please, its either set at 232 bar or its set at 300 bar not both, and would cost a fair bit to change the relief valve.
    Are you selling a 300 bar build or a 232 bar build, Photo of the data plate would be great and the charging adaptor, thanks

Question Number 2

Bauer PE100 It has done approximately 43 hours new filters and oils inc whip and motor lube
    Can you tell me what this 43 hours is? is it 42 hours from new or 43 hours from the 3000 hours it did before you had it.
    Also was the 43 hours before it had a new whip fitted and why.

Question Number 3

Bauer PE100 comes with rolling trolley to move around easily very good condition, like new, offers over £1800
    Can you tell me Is that the trolley thats in “very good condition” or the compressor? Again Photo would help and that data plate

Question Number 4

Bauer PE100 Approximately 26 months from purchase used on and off for 13months
    So you bought it second hand 2 years ago (26 months) and have used it on and off for the last year, (13 months) is that correct?

Question Number 5

Bauer PE100Service history has had new filters and oil bought direct from Bauer early 2016
    So is this the same 43 hours as you stated before or another service that didn’t need the new whip this time.
    Seems like a lot of service for “13 months on and off” You have a copy of these service receipt’s, or have you “lost” them.
    Or was it just the oil you bought direct from Bauer?

Question Number 6

Bauer PE100 Factory service I believe is 500 hours or two years at the cost of £110 approx. from memory
    What another jolly service, shoot, this pumps doing more service than a Coltri. You sure its not an ex paintball pump
    Do you have the service receipt for this as well, and can you tell us who did your factory service

Question Number 7

Did you buy this compressor new or second hand
    If new did you buy it from for Divers warehouse as the photo again do you have the receipt.

Can you also post a picture of the “as new” trolley, the data plate, this 200 of 300 bar new whip and would you consider splitting. Iain

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Told ya!!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's one thing posing rudimentary questions to establish the condition etc, but what value are the facetious comments ? For entertainment ? Perhaps a job in politics may be more appropriate 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    #rule46
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I couldn't agree more !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by british diver View Post
    It's one thing posing rudimentary questions to establish the condition etc, but what value are the facetious comments ? For entertainment ?
    Say’s the man who’s last post was yet another unpaid promotional advert of his compressor sales on TDF to sell yet another compressor,

And another compressor, on your post before that

And surprise, surprise again yet another compressor, the one before that also.

It must be what three compressors now you’ve sold this year so far on TDF ?

So maybe you can tell us why in your own words what makes me think that with what, close to four grand made on three compressors
    your a dealer, and if you are, shouldn’t you also be paying for advertising on here?

In fact a bit like the OP also on here all your post also have been selling. No advise, no banter, no discussions just post after post of selling stuff
    Nothing else sale sale sale LOL

Therefore In my book that makes you a dealer (of sorts) and why I feel quite entitled to discuss, explain educate and expose this type of dealing.

Now as to the 7 questions I made exactly which one was facetious?

As for your opinion it figures, And why like your last compressor advert on TDF linked below I have included, for education and reference purposes to illustrate
    why it is so important to ask the relevant and detailed questions required to make an informed choice

And why we have as a forum of divers a requirement that requires no adverts of goods or services from non paying dealers.

You understand the conditions and the requirement of the forum I trust you can comply and therefore I look forward to seeing your next compressor advert paid for in future and to wish you the very best of luck for your next paid for compressor sale.

Kind Regards Iain

Coltri Compressor for sale. British Diver

https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...essor-for-sale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast