Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I’ve just noticed the Canary Islands have been added to the exemption list for self isolating on return, and I’ve got some holiday to use up next year before April. What would diving be like there in feb/March time?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Gorgeous! I usually dive there during the winter and prefer Lanzarote - easy shore dives. Water temp. 18C to 20C (down to 35 -40m), most likely 19C. I have 5mm full wet suit + hooded vest (3mm - 5mm hood), and it keeps me warm for an 1.5h in the water.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We ususally visit Tenerife in November and April. Water temperatures tend to be around the same at both times of year - 18c

Marine life is excellent and there are a variety of great shore and boat dives. Tabaiba wreck at 32m (ish) is only around 50m from the shore and full of life. Palm Mar wall and Moray Cave are both excellent boat dives. Last time we dived there we had around 8 different types of rays, an Angel Shark and a very close encounter with a family of Turtles.

We always use Excel Scuba in Playa de las Americas, great service and really friendly (English (well almost, Dave is from oop norf) run)

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    Iíve just noticed the Canary Islands have been added to the exemption list for self isolating on return, and Iíve got some holiday to use up next year before April. What would diving be like there in feb/March time?
    Saw that. Been to Tenerife and el Hierro and now thinking of a cheeky week on another canary island to replace my pre Chrimbo live-aboard dive week in the Red Sea.

Smileydiver and others have written good stuff here: https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...y-The-Atlantic

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567