Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bauer kompressor and final pressure

i am looking over internet but cannot find solution....have bauer capitano compressor and finall pressure is 240 bar insteat of 225...Cannot make it on 225 or actualy have no idea how to do that?
    Have someone some ideas?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Can the over pressure release valve be adjusted so that it blows off earlier?
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i was try to turn this button:
    and even this:

nothing change

Established TDF Member Iain Smith's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So, as I understand it, the overpressure valve isn't there to stop the tank filling - that's the operator's job. The OPV is there to stop the tank blowing up if the operator isn't paying attention.

The knob you identify is to "vent" the final stage if the safety valve malfunctions and you need to vent the filter system. It's not designed to adjust the safety valve pressure, indeed, I'm not sure it could, though there are individuals more knowledgable about this than I am.

The slotted component in the second picture is the pressure maintaining valve - this adjusts the minimum pressure which the filter needs to reach before it will start to fill the cylinder, not the maximum pressure

Which goes back to my first point - unless you have an automatic cutoff valve (and even if you do!) it is the operator's responsibility to ensure that tanks are not overfilled.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thankfully you have not succeeded in adjusting the safety relief valve (Yet) and for reasons I will
    explain I will not discuss how you adjust this.

The safety relief valve is for your protection and should not be adjusted

Provided your compressor is electrically driven what you need is known as a Pressure Switch.
    These are about £80 and are basically a self adjusting piston regulator attached to a electrical switch.
    You setĒ the cut out to your required 240 bar and each time the compressor reaches that mark the switch activates cutting power to the control relay in the stop start box.
    The relay then has no power and pulls out the magnetic starter contractor and the machine stops.

This is your safety sequence for operation:

1. The operator watches the filling rate and pressures and switches the machine off when full. Say 200 to 207 bar.

2. The safety pressure switch will cut out power when itís maximum set pressure is reached or the operator fails to switch off. This setting should be set to your 225 bar

3. In the event of either the operator or the safety pressure switch fails to perform the shut down the final stage discharge pressure relief valve then will lift,
    The compressor will continue to run but no additional pressure will charge into the cylinder. This would be set to 240 bar

So two means of opperaton with two methods of shutdown and a safety device to cover you in the event of these two systems failing.
    Pretty much covers the operation procedure for running a compressor with pressure switch and safety relief valve. Iain

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

final pressure safety valve

ive got air leaking out of the fpsv and only have a primitive manual. my rig mechanic is no use. im baffled. can any light be shed on this. its a bit of a game changer for me. ive screwed it all the way in and out and still air comes out when the compressor runs, it should be going into a bit storage bottle..... but its not

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is that the valve in the picture above you are taking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would be interesting to know how old the filter housing is and if it has been tested. Max life on them is 15 years.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjgfb View Post
    ive got air leaking out of the fpsv and only have a primitive manual. my rig mechanic is no use. im baffled. can any light be shed on this. its a bit of a game changer for me. ive screwed it all the way in and out and still air comes out when the compressor runs, it should be going into a bit storage bottle..... but its not
    start a new thread mate this one is 4 year old about a completely different problem