Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kudos Strikalite

needed a new battery pack for my F2 Greenforce, called Strikalite to check out size etc yesterday afternoon very helpful, ordered the battery pack and received it this morning, well impressed

alby

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can you do a few pictures of the fitting, as I am interested in the same.

Matt.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Can you do a few pictures of the fitting, as I am interested in the same.

Matt.
    hi matt have already fitted it into the tube and its now on charge, but i will explain what i did fingers crossed i did it right.

the new battery pack is smaller than the original the bloke at strikalite said that's because modern batts are more advanced

so after taking the old pack out i un-soldered the two wires (black Red) from the little circuit board then soldered the new battery pack wires to it, so far no problems

then i had to find something to pack out the the tube to make the new pack fit iits only the length that needs the packing the width is more or less the same

after a bit of mucking about i managed to do this and get a nice tight fit when screwed back up, obviously i have not tried it out in water yet but i am going to dotty tomorrow so if all ok i will let you know

alby

Established TDF Member Rob Dobson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did you put heatshrink on the solder joints?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dobson View Post
    Did you put heatshrink on the solder joints?
    hi rob

no the solder joints are on the the little circuit board so you cannot fit heat shrink on it, i assume you meant if i was joining to wires together

i suppose i could have put some sort of potting compound on the solders but i did not think it needed it

alby

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did you have much difficulty opening the canister? How about twisting the wires?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Did you have much difficulty opening the canister? How about twisting the wires?
    hi matt

no the canister lid just unscrews i used a KD wrench (King Dick) it is not connected to anything it just sits on top of the circuit board because the big screw has two orings and then the light connection also has two orings when you screw it into the big nut thus making hopefully a water tight seal.

so nothing is connected to the body of the canister its just a holder, hopefully you can see the big nut in this photo

alby

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks, but the picture didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by Alby R View Post
    hi matt

no the canister lid just unscrews i used a KD wrench (King Dick) it is not connected to anything it just sits on top of the circuit board because the big screw has two orings and then the light connection also has two orings when you screw it into the big nut thus making hopefully a water tight seal.

so nothing is connected to the body of the canister its just a holder, hopefully you can see the big nut in this photo

alby

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    still messing about with this picture lark see if this works ok

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've done this a few times on an older F2 pack. I used a 'boa-constrictor' strap wrench to open the canister - its 6 turns to open from memory. Did the de-solder and re-solder new battery routine, packed the battery in the canister using offcuts of plastic tube to wedge it in so no banging. Twisted the lid and wires 6 turns the opposite way to how it would screw together, then screwed it back together having cleaned the threads etc and lubed the o-rings. This means that when it is done up the wires are not twisted inside.

I did do a full instruction on 'the other place' somewhere.

You can't heat shrink the wire-to-tab joint. I covered mine in non-conductive rubber compound, but only because I had some, the last one I did before this I didn't bother and it was fine for well over 6 years, when the cells died themselves.
    The worlds most boring man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast