Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Online Booking for Dive Charters

We are building an Online booking tool for dive charters. It is in development right now. Most online booking tools do not work for dive boats because they do not allow for the different rates based on dive sites selected. More of the high level features are listed below.

1.Fully mobile friendly
    2.Calendar and advanced search options
    3.First diver that books dives will select dive sites and that will determine price of charter
    4.Additional divers will be able to see selected dives and book open seats
    5.Collect information on each diver (name and email address)
    6.Diver can add items to cart (rental tanks shirts etc.)
    7.Secure integrated credit card billing
    8.Allow certain users to pay cash or check
    9.Send booking confirmation to diver
    10.Resend confirmation 24 hr before boat leaves with Directions, waiver, and any other information you choose
    11.Full range of Coupon codes and discount options
    12.Reduce refunds by issuing credit for canceled trips. Offer upgrade to book open seat on another more expensive charter.
    13.Sends Captain roster prior to charter
    14.Full set of reporting options to see open seats, diver history, captain
    If you have a dive boat I would be interested in your feed back and what you would want in a booking program.

Software is going to be free to dive boat. Much like ticketmaster we will add a small online booking fee for each seat booked.

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OctopusPrime View Post
    Much like ticketmaster we will add a small online booking fee for each seat booked.
    And most music fans think Ticketmaster are just a bunch of bastards, resent paying booking fees and would book direct at the venue whenever possible.

I'll stick to phoning the skipper.

You do realise that you've just announced to the diving public that you want to build an app that will charge them money for something that they can do for free for absolutely no extra value?
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Welcome...if you want to advertise, we charge a small fee too...If not, expect your account to be locked.

Regards
    Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
    www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
    - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Established TDF Member Ken Hawk's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    Welcome...if you want to advertise, we charge a small fee too...If not, expect your account to be locked.

Regards
    PMSL very good

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OctopusPrime View Post
    We are building an Online booking tool for dive charters. It is in development right now. Most online booking tools do not work for dive boats because they do not allow for the different rates based on dive sites selected. More of the high level features are listed below.

1.Fully mobile friendly
    2.Calendar and advanced search options
    3.First diver that books dives will select dive sites and that will determine price of charter
    4.Additional divers will be able to see selected dives and book open seats
    5.Collect information on each diver (name and email address)
    6.Diver can add items to cart (rental tanks shirts etc.)
    7.Secure integrated credit card billing
    8.Allow certain users to pay cash or check
    9.Send booking confirmation to diver
    10.Resend confirmation 24 hr before boat leaves with Directions, waiver, and any other information you choose
    11.Full range of Coupon codes and discount options
    12.Reduce refunds by issuing credit for canceled trips. Offer upgrade to book open seat on another more expensive charter.
    13.Sends Captain roster prior to charter
    14.Full set of reporting options to see open seats, diver history, captain
    If you have a dive boat I would be interested in your feed back and what you would want in a booking program.

Software is going to be free to dive boat. Much like ticketmaster we will add a small online booking fee for each seat booked.
    That is brilliant! How has the industry survived without it for so long? Thank goodness someone is here to show what has been missing all these years. I am sure the wealthy folk running dive boats will be queuing up to spend money on this amazing idea!

I trust it also collects, and stores, card details in line with current PCI requrements? I can't wait to hear the delighted response from local dive charters when I ask when they plan to implement this? (I hope they won't be too rude)

Established TDF Member bubbleless's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Using a phone to talk to people.....

You are all ludites, its an app what more do you want......

First diver puts in the dive site and that will base the charter price, you want to sink the opposition, type Titanic.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most of the dive ops I use already have this facility on their website. And it's free.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We seem to get by just fine by phone / email / existing online booking set up. I don't think UK charters want extra costs really?
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Am I the only one that thinks it's not a bad idea? What's wrong with allowing the diving market to decide whether the app/service will (excuse the pun) sink?

In any case, forum rules dictate that advertisers should pay the small fee - I'm sure the OP won't mind (if they do, how do they expect their business model of divers paying a small booking fee to realistically deliver? :-)
    In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is...

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it's not a bad idea? What's wrong with allowing the diving market to decide whether the app/service will (excuse the pun) sink?

In any case, forum rules dictate that advertisers should pay the small fee - I'm sure the OP won't mind (if they do, how do they expect their business model of divers paying a small booking fee to realistically deliver? :-)
    Yeah, I'm all for it. If people want a system that charges you an extra three quid because you are too socially awkward to pick up the phone then you deserve to get it.

You really do have to question if they've done any market research if they want to model themselves on Ticketmaster, generally regarded as the price gouging scum of the earth in the live entertainment industry.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast