Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mounting a suit inflation bottle under a travel frame

I have a G-Box on a stand. I was thinking about mounting my suit inflation cylinder in the stand IE at the bottom of the box between the legs.

Any suggestion on how to do this, which bracket is most convenient /Why ? and what should be considered ie are there any pros/cons.

I had an initial look at this with a Northern Divers bracket but have needed to drill holes in the box.

Also wondered about access to valve turn wheels.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I have seen this done with the Kent Tooling bracket and if memory serves me right the G-Snap bracket as well
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I used a Metalsub bracket (because I had it) in the space below the body of the Sentinel.
    It was easy to get to and easy to use.
    I think it needed a slightly longer than normal hose to be comfortable.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Slight aside, but I tried to do the same thing with a KT bracket on my CCR stand (different model to yours) but I couldn't get it to work as the stand is too narrow for the 1.5L cylinder plus bracket, so if you're thinking of going that way and want to make me an offer on the bracket, feel free!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've no room under the G Box to fit a suit inflation bottle. The Cylinder valves take up most of the space down there. I just mount my suit inflate cylinder behind my Dill bottle on the box. My torch battery goes behind my O2 bottle.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
    I've no room under the G Box to fit a suit inflation bottle. The Cylinder valves take up most of the space down there. I just mount my suit inflate cylinder behind my Dill bottle on the box. My torch battery goes behind my O2 bottle.
    With the G Box I found it better to move cylinders back on box to middle slot as this then gives you more space for rear mounted lungs to expand and also allows you room to mount torch canister and suit inflate on back plate. All of this makes unit much smaller profile and therefore easier to squeeze into holes in wrecks :-)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garspeed View Post
    With the G Box I found it better to move cylinders back on box to middle slot as this then gives you more space for rear mounted lungs to expand and also allows you room to mount torch canister and suit inflate on back plate. All of this makes unit much smaller profile and therefore easier to squeeze into holes in wrecks :-)
    I started withe the middle slot and found it limiting. I now find the G-Box works well with 4 x 3l cylinders and I have no issue with the rear mounted lungs and backplate, with canister torch on waistband.