X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suckingos
    New TDF Member
    • Sep 2014

Mounting a suit inflation bottle under a travel frame

I have a G-Box on a stand. I was thinking about mounting my suit inflation cylinder in the stand IE at the bottom of the box between the legs.

Any suggestion on how to do this, which bracket is most convenient /Why ? and what should be considered ie are there any pros/cons.

I had an initial look at this with a Northern Divers bracket but have needed to drill holes in the box.

Also wondered about access to valve turn wheels.
  • Paulo
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

I have seen this done with the Kent Tooling bracket and if memory serves me right the G-Snap bracket as well
    If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• nigel hewitt
      Established TDF Member
      • Sep 2013

I used a Metalsub bracket (because I had it) in the space below the body of the Sentinel.
      It was easy to get to and easy to use.
      I think it needed a slightly longer than normal hose to be comfortable.
      Helium, because I'm worth it.
      Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Comment

• jturner
        Established TDF Member
        • Jan 2013

Slight aside, but I tried to do the same thing with a KT bracket on my CCR stand (different model to yours) but I couldn't get it to work as the stand is too narrow for the 1.5L cylinder plus bracket, so if you're thinking of going that way and want to make me an offer on the bracket, feel free!
        The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.

Comment

• Mr Flibble
          TDF Member
          • Jan 2013

I've no room under the G Box to fit a suit inflation bottle. The Cylinder valves take up most of the space down there. I just mount my suit inflate cylinder behind my Dill bottle on the box. My torch battery goes behind my O2 bottle.

Comment

• Garspeed
            TDF Member
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Mr Flibble
            I've no room under the G Box to fit a suit inflation bottle. The Cylinder valves take up most of the space down there. I just mount my suit inflate cylinder behind my Dill bottle on the box. My torch battery goes behind my O2 bottle.
            With the G Box I found it better to move cylinders back on box to middle slot as this then gives you more space for rear mounted lungs to expand and also allows you room to mount torch canister and suit inflate on back plate. All of this makes unit much smaller profile and therefore easier to squeeze into holes in wrecks :-)

Comment

• dwhitlow
              Coastal Member
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Garspeed
              With the G Box I found it better to move cylinders back on box to middle slot as this then gives you more space for rear mounted lungs to expand and also allows you room to mount torch canister and suit inflate on back plate. All of this makes unit much smaller profile and therefore easier to squeeze into holes in wrecks :-)
              I started withe the middle slot and found it limiting. I now find the G-Box works well with 4 x 3l cylinders and I have no issue with the rear mounted lungs and backplate, with canister torch on waistband.

Comment

Working...