Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmints View Post
    So why did you chose QC6 of omniswivel stuff?
    Easy availability at a great price from Switish plus the fact that they deliver
    vast amounts of gas and are easy to service.

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And Omniswivel is a clone of CEJN?
    Kind of. The main obvious difference is the locking groove on the male fitting is shallower. If you deepen it with a file or Dremel then it will lock to any CEJN female fitting, drysuit hose, etc. If I remember right the male fitting with non-return valve has a lower flow but otherwise they are similar.

I wouldn't pay the extra for Omniswivel, just get full flow CEJN fittings (some male fittings designed for drysuit valves have a restricted bore). Much cheaper. The locking tabs on Omniswivel fittings are an absolute ballache with gloves, a straight drysuit hose does the job better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    After consideration I went with the Omniswivel connectors from narkedat90 with the check valves. here

I didn't like the additional adapters required to fit the Swagelok which resulted it quite a big lump on the hose end, although hadn't seen the hose ends from narkedat90 before today. Also the male Swagelok's seemed a little fragile as it's quite long.

I have a miflex hose connected to my GG Shrimp and run it over my shoulder down behind the wing and connect to a short hose on my bailout. If carrying multiple stages it's connected to my bottom gas. I don't have a gas switching block so when I switch to next gas I just switch regulator, I feel this keeps things simple which I like.
    All posts here are my personal opinion. Do not copy anything or put jelly in the toaster.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickers View Post
    After consideration I went with the Omniswivel connectors from narkedat90 with the check valves. here

I didn't like the additional adapters required to fit the Swagelok which resulted it quite a big lump on the hose end, although hadn't seen the hose ends from narkedat90 before today. Also the male Swagelok's seemed a little fragile as it's quite long.

I have a miflex hose connected to my GG Shrimp and run it over my shoulder down behind the wing and connect to a short hose on my bailout. If carrying multiple stages it's connected to my bottom gas. I don't have a gas switching block so when I switch to next gas I just switch regulator, I feel this keeps things simple which I like.
    Just out of interest, how long is the long hose you use from your BOV?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just out of interest, how long is the long hose you use from your BOV?
    I use either 1.5m or 1.8m, have both and not sure which I like the best. It's good to be able to see the connector rather than have it tucked somewhere behind you.
    All posts here are my personal opinion. Do not copy anything or put jelly in the toaster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I swapped to Swagelok as a lot of my diving is from a RIB and the omniswivels were more difficult to disconnect one handed in the water while hanging onto the boat. Both connections benefit from keeping them clean. A have also found that the swageloks can get surface rust on the female collar - doesn't affect the functioning but doesn't look great on a nice SS fitting. If it wasn't for the easier disconnect, I'd have stayed with omniswivels.
    Tea Boy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12