Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
    Cheers, don't know if you saw, but I've ordered an Otter Brittannic and they are a fitted option. In a (very small) poll there seems to be an even split between the fitted to the suit or the add-on ones.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Paul, Following on from the Facebook conversation, I think mine are the 80mm rings. I have normal sided hands for someone 6'3". My mate swore blind he had really big hands but he has the same size as me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have 90mm rings, because that was the smallest they did when I bought mine, back in the day. They now do 80mm too. I use a size 9.5 glove.
    DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand this shit, ask a grown up, preferably someone with deep pockets, who your widow/kids can sue. Don't trust people on the internet with your life, your credit card details or your naked selfies! This advice may contain, or indeed be written by someone who is (clinically), nuts.

Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I use 9.5 gloves also and can fit through 80mm rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just been to grab my Polar Bear dry gloves, which are basically their cuff rings with a blue glove and a cuff seal.
    I suppose I could have drilled 80, 90 and 100mm holes in a piece of wood, but it'd look like I was testing 'glory holes' :-D

'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
    Just been to grab my Polar Bear dry gloves, which are basically their cuff rings with a blue glove and a cuff seal.
    I suppose I could have drilled 80, 90 and 100mm holes in a piece of wood, but it'd look like I was testing 'glory holes' :-D

Sounds like a weekend away with Badger and Graham...
    DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand this shit, ask a grown up, preferably someone with deep pockets, who your widow/kids can sue. Don't trust people on the internet with your life, your credit card details or your naked selfies! This advice may contain, or indeed be written by someone who is (clinically), nuts.

Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I cut an 80mm hole in a piece of paper and found my hand catching. Suit arrived. I reckon I could have gone down a size but what I have works.

To OP if possible get your hands on some rings so you can check.
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    I cut an 80mm hole in a piece of paper and found my hand catching. Suit arrived. I reckon I could have gone down a size but what I have works.
    The inside of a roll of gaffer tape is 80mm. If you can push your hand through that then you'll be fine with the smaller rings.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi Ian
    I have the Kubi 80mm ring fitted to my E-lite I'm 6ft 2in 90kg use a large glove

I purchased the Santi suit at divelife together with the Kubi system they fitted the kubi glove system before I finished a cup of tea. I don't think there was any gluing involved

Good luck buddy
    Kubi is the right choice

MrP

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPOman View Post
    Hi Ian
    I have the Kubi 80mm ring fitted to my E-lite I'm 6ft 2in 90kg use a large glove

I purchased the Santi suit at divelife together with the Kubi system they fitted the kubi glove system before I finished a cup of tea. I don't think there was any gluing involved

Good luck buddy
    Kubi is the right choice

MrP
    There is now a new suit mounted system, this is the one that I've been looking at.

It also allows you to have quick-change wrist seals, which I believe is not the case with the system that uses your existing seal.
    I think that the gloves are the same, just the method of attachment to the suit is different.

'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    From what I have been told, is that if the system is for a new suit you can have them fitted since they are building your suit to fit them but if the suit is already made trying to get the new system to fit is a pain. Since the arms might not be the correct diameter for the docking system, so you would need new arms on your suit etc so more cost.

This system is about 220 all in plus new arms so we talking above 300 if this is case just go for latex seals and glue the glove docking system in

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast