Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well if he sends it to me I'll sort it for him unless it's completely toast.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Depending on the model you might need more than that ... Stripped mine down last week and needed 4 o rings ... Two small ones plus couple if different sized larger ones (from one of your excellent bags of delight). Small ones do indeed control the flow into the jacket
    From the dive rite inflators - the five O-rings found in the power inflation mechanism:
    112-V90B,
    012-V90B,
    011-V90B,
    and two 006-V75B.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    From the dive rite inflators - the five O-rings found in the power inflation mechanism: 112-V90B, 012-V90B, 011-V90B, and two 006-V75B. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They're all standard sizes.

112 same as a din reg
    011 012 reg hoses
    006 are the only specific ones
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Drop me a PM and I'll send you the address. Or if you want to have a go yourself you will need a couple of bs006 o rings. Let me have your address and I'll chuck some in the post for you.
    Thank you for your kind offer, I'm sorted now but unforunately the death inflator is on its way to a bin!!

Took it with me when I went to pick up cylinders from testing today as the guy offered to have a look at it for me...

1) there was far too much grease in it from the service I had done and as a result some grit was in it... Bunged it in the bath and reassembled but still was sticking

2) we investigated further and it's actually the spring that has degraded meaning the button is getting stuck down. I've put a new spring in it but it's a bit thick and hard to push the button now.

3) cheapest place to source the inflators is by getting on the right side of someone with a trade account it seems! New inflator should be here Tuesday ready for more diving!

Had two lovely dives to end my seasearch observer course today with my working wing!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cool glad you're up and running.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Save your money and buy the beaver one. they work fine.

The O2 and dil MAV's on my rebreather have the valve cartridges from beaver inflators fitted and they've been in use for years. I'd be quite surprised if the DIR zone inflator and the beaver one didn't have the same valve cartridge fitted.
    Agree - I have hundreds of dives on one of those and they are cheap enough to chuck away instead of fix. Just bought a dozen for the club BCDs!

If you are really poor the valve internals are generally the same as an industrial tyre valve...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've since been told that the tyre valves aren't stainless steel/marine grade metal and that I shouldn't "really" use them...

Not that it matters, a Beaver inflator is on its way to me now!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cheapest place for this kind of thing is Dive Gear Express in USA

Inflator complete - 10

Service kit, tool with 5 O rings - 4

Service kit, no tool, just O rings - 2

Shipping is fast and relatively cheap. International shipping free on orders over $250 (175)

Have used these a few times and orders shipped quickly and always correct. Spools, bungee cord etc cheap too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Cheapest place for this kind of thing is Dive Gear Express in USA

Inflator complete - 10

Service kit, tool with 5 O rings - 4

Service kit, no tool, just O rings - 2

Shipping is fast and relatively cheap. International shipping free on orders over $250 (175)

Have used these a few times and orders shipped quickly and always correct. Spools, bungee cord etc cheap too.
    I got my service kit and o rings from them. Arrived very quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M.D., Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My Oh My Chrisch, I just do hope that you have some solid evidence to back up your completely fictitious and I'm almost certain Libellous (in legal terms = a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation) comment. Beaver Sports sell around 3,500 BCD Inflators each year, which is a reflection on the quality standards of inflators fitted as OEM by many brands. The amount of these that my Company sells amazes us here in Beaver's office and we have discussed frequently the amount of crap which must be out there to warrant this. Please provide some evidence within seven days to back up your claim to avoid legal action being taken. Martin Walker, Managing Director, Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast