Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Chris I remember seeing it a year or so ago - the selection of music cut against the footage is excellent, really like the shot looking up into the show cave above and the silhouetted caver.

All these videos have been really great, some brilliant work - please do keep them coming!!
    Like Cave Diving? - see www.fb.me/CaveDivingFilms
    A few videos of dives I have done over the last few years - Scotland, Wales and Egypt | www.youtube.com/Stirlingscuba

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Irnbru

We're doing our best with ageing camera equipment and for my part, a second hand canon G9! (The Rodel video was shot with that and Solas lights)
    Give it a few years and we should be able to produce some serious HD stuff. Whether we can be arsed to take the cameras to these places again will be another matter! I can't remember the last time I went caving or cave diving without camera gear. It really does make the whole thing much harder, time consuming and stressful.

Editing is the exciting bit - but I got carried away when I made the last film and have learned a lot since then. Mainly that you need oodles of time and money and patience to produce quality work. But we'll get there one day.

I'll put up some vids of our exploration stuff in a bit once they are on Youtube. I didn't want them to go public until after my talk at Cave and Wreck night the other week.

p.s The shot of the silhouetted diver is taken from the 'Bear Pit' in Wookey Hole, underneath chamber 9:1 - the public gallery is above and you can look down onto the surfacing divers. Chamber 9:2 is just around the corner where they play the music and stuff. I think it is one of the best views from underwater in good conditions and I'm so pleased that Rich manged to capture it. Even if the lighting is fake, it's still an inspiring view.
    Last edited by Chris Grosart; 27-01-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Want to Try Caving?
    Visit WetWellies www.wetwelliescaving.com
    Ocean Conservation
    Ghost Fishing UK http://www.ghostfishing.org/uk/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is a short video of our continued exploration of a cave called the Event de Perdreau-Fourmi in the Herault (Languedoc-Rousillon) region of France.
    We found the way on in 2011 and our team laid just over 40m of line, hitting both depth and gas limits. We got a full survey of sump 2 and came back in 2012 to continue pushing sump 2. It is thought to connect to the Coudouliére nearby, by dye tracing, which is over 1.6KM long and 100m deep. So we took a bit of trimix just incase our cave went deeper than 30m.

This video was shot under exploratory conditions and the quality reflects that. I did my best at the editing stage but I didn't have much to work with.

This video documents the exploration of a cave called the Aven de Garrel.
    We laid 42m of line on our first visit to the sump and were stopped by worsening (zero) visibility ahead due to exhalation bubbles travelling up the roof ahead of us, bringing down mud and silt.
    The start of the sump is a small, steeply dipping sand slope (never good) and the aim was to pass a restriction in sidemounts which had stopped the only other diver to enter the sump, Nathan Boinet. He had invited us over to have a look at the squeeze which we passed without bother and continued until we lost the viz and the way on. We'll be going back this year as we think the sump will soon surface.
    It wasn't bad for our first day and we then went on to the Perdreau to continue exploration of that cave.

Last edited by Chris Grosart; 27-01-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Additional video and details
    Want to Try Caving?
    Ocean Conservation

On YD again
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not sure if this has been mentioned (it is rather good).

Andrew

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yep - it was one of the first ones I added, but so good it's worth having on twice
    A few videos of dives I have done over the last few years - Scotland, Wales and Egypt | www.youtube.com/Stirlingscuba

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Recently found this site with a bunch of videos from Australian cave diving (plus a bunch of other info on cave diving down under). Here's the link (to one of the vids I like; for others click on names of caves on the right hand side):
    Cave Diving Down Under - Murra El Elevyn Cave

grumpy and proud of it.. buxtonmarauder's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irnbru View Post
    Some more incredible diving at the Pearse Resurgence with the Wetmules
    Pearse Resurgence 2012 on Contour Cameras on Vimeo
    You can see some slight (HPNS) tremors in the diver's hand, unsurprising as he is at an incredible 211m
    Ken Smith spoke about this at Eurotek last year. It was a fascinating presentation, he went into detail about the signalling system which allowed the team to ensure they met the returning diver in the 40m habitat at the right time..

Jason Pepper
    FB:WWW:LinkedIn

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Here is a presentation that Rick Stanton via Skype did for some guys (Curt Bowen included) stateside, I hadn't come across it before so thanks goes to deepunderground for posting a link:

Rick's talk - Rick Stanton interview at Cave Alliance CCR Workshop on Vimeo

Well worth a watch as it has a potted history of Rick's diving from Wakulla, Ressel, Pozo Azul using rebreathers and modified rebreathers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Awesome, thanks for posting this!
    Want to Try Caving?
    Ocean Conservation

grumpy and proud of it.. buxtonmarauder's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Martyn Farr in New Zealand

First in a series of first person videos from Martyn Farr's solo exploration trips in New Zealand during November 2012.

Pure virgin cave seen only by Martyn (and now you !)

Jason Pepper
    FB:WWW:LinkedIn

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast