Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaws

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    Catapults. Seriously.

I had the pleasure of putting up some tag lines on steelwork for some rope access guys using a cricket ball, duct-tape and a stringline. Not as easy as it looks.

I use a catapult and a fishing real with 20lb line to fire a 2oz lead over the tree. Then I conect that to the roap and pull it up

Both my chainsaws are Sthill and they are prety good but dead fussey on the 2stroke mix. If its too rich they cough and splutter

I have something like a 12 " and 16" bar? for both Sthill's cant remember the lengths but its a No45 and a No49 blade

Generaly if they wont start it because they were stored wrong and the carb is totaly empty.

ATB

I have a Johnson reed single bar hedge trimmer and it seems to run great no matter how much I screw up the 2stroke mix

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Any recommendations (to buy or avoid) on specific models? A quick search online turns up some variable reviews.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmE View Post
    Any recommendations (to buy or avoid) on specific models? A quick search online turns up some variable reviews.
    Chainsaw or electric chainsaw chain sharpener?
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm planning on going for a Husky.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I picked up a Husky 365 with 10 trees worth of work on it for €300
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a H 353 with a 20" bar and it's been fine. I had the carb ultrasonic cleaned after I left it for 12months with fuel in. My mistake and it was only something like 45quid for a re-build, bar grind and a professional chain sharpening. I think I should get a shorter bar really - it's a bit awkward to use up a tree.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    I have a H 353 with a 20" bar and it's been fine. I had the carb ultrasonic cleaned after I left it for 12months with fuel in. My mistake and it was only something like 45quid for a re-build, bar grind and a professional chain sharpening. I think I should get a shorter bar really - it's a bit awkward to use up a tree.
    I have a 20 inch bar and have no issues with it. I do not climb trees though, TIMBER
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For folk visiting NDAC, Mincost in Lydney happen to be very competitive for chainsaws and PPE. Lots in stock normally too.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tewdric View Post
    For folk visiting NDAC, Mincost in Lydney happen to be very competitive for chainsaws and PPE. Lots in stock normally too.
    Is the weed in NDAC that bad you need a chainsaw? Also does the chainsaw need an alternative supply?
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Chainsaw or electric chainsaw chain sharpener?
    Sorry, yes, sharpeners.

A chain was only 8.69 in Trago when I needed a replacement (or it sharpening!) last weekend to finish cutting some oak sleepers for the garden, but now I have a spare chain it would be good to be able to sharpen it myself.

I'm not against learning to do it 'by hand' but I know I've got a knack of being a bit 'variable' with things like that - even sharpening kitchen knives I'll get one lethally sharp and then make the next one blunter than it was when I started!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast