Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dry suit it small person - scuba pro xxs?

Hi I've been searching for a dry suit that will fit without going down the made to measure route as to be honest I can't afford that kind of price just yet, but really want to get in the water. However I'm only 4'11 size 6-8 so finding it hard. I tried a couple to no avail and wanted to make one last ditch attempt before going for made to measure. Does anyone know if the scuba pro xxs would fit? Unfortunately no where stocks it so I can't go and try it on. Is there anyone on here who has had the same issue as me with regards to their size? Also is there anywhere I can get one on finance which doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks

Established TDF Member turnerjd's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Honestly, there are some suppliers that do very honest made to measure suits for very good prices. A lot depends on your budget, but you can get mtm from as little as £600 odd. Of course big names go for big prices. My old RoHo suit is over 10 years old and has >600 dives on it.

Fit is everything in a drysuit, don't try and fit yourself into an ill-fitting off the peg suit from a big name supplier like Scubapro. I find their suits to be way overpriced for what they are.
    Last edited by turnerjd; 14-02-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have you tried an ad on here.

Established TDF Member bubbleless's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Look at the sizechart
    http://www.scubapro.com/en-GB/FRA/ev...ize-chart.aspx

Buy one on finance which doesn't cost the earth, I don't know, credit card then swap to zero % card for transfers, arrange an overdraft? not sue which would be cheapest, look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ lots of ideas and cheap deals for money

for the same amount of money you can get made to measure, drysuit, and undersuit both made to measure fore less and delivered free (uk i Think) there are loads of divers on hear who will swaer to seaskin being a good company.

They aren't cheap suits they are drysuits made by the manufactuer in the uk and sold directly to the customer , no massive mark up for the dive centre for you to pay for.
    Good luck

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've got one Hunter and two Otterskins for sale around that size

I'll PM you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi Rebecca.

No joy joy with Aquanaut's in Plymouth then?

Adrian
    Mah Nà Mah Nà

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaNewDiver View Post
    Hi I've been searching for a dry suit that will fit without going down the made to measure route as to be honest I can't afford that kind of price just yet, but really want to get in the water. However I'm only 4'11 size 6-8 so finding it hard. I tried a couple to no avail and wanted to make one last ditch attempt before going for made to measure. Does anyone know if the scuba pro xxs would fit? Unfortunately no where stocks it so I can't go and try it on. Is there anyone on here who has had the same issue as me with regards to their size? Also is there anywhere I can get one on finance which doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks
    Rebecca I use the seacsub warm dry and love it. Seacsub sizing is very small which is perfect for us females. I'm 5'2 and I think my suit is a medium.

I'll send you a pm about where you can get them v cheaply. I bought a second one when I saw them selling that cheaply.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    for a decent price mtm, check seaskin (www.seaskin.co.uk). With the usual options (pockets, zip cover, neo neck cover), you're looking at £600, maybe a bit less. I've had my seaskin for over 4 years now, and have put well over 400 dives on it. I've had to make a few small repairs, but other than that, it's been great.