Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have an ostc 2n for sale if that's any good to you. Open to offers.

http://www.thediveforum.com/showthre...mputers-gloves
    Rob

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by James-S View Post
    Looking for something like an OSTC 2, something Shearwater or a Liquivision Xeo - I don't fancy a HELO2, and nothing from Delta P please! CCR mode preferable but OC only is fine if the price is right.

Id reduce that list to OSTC2 and Sheerwater

I am perfictly happy with my Preditor Sheerwaters. GF deco and a clear display I can read without glasses on that shows actual real time GF fopr emergancy deco planning.

I also have a Persuit Sheerwater which works fine tracks the Preditor no problem and has the same on screen info.

Reliabuility seems not to be a problem dispite my repeted abuse

There are smaller, better screen dive computers out there which when they drop to sub 500 (when a new shinney one is launched) ill no doubt be interested in but till then Ill stick with the early Sheerwater stuff

ATB

Mark

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ditto. I have two predators and can't really fault them at all. They are easier to read than the ostc if your eyes are going a bit. I looked at the petrel for the compass feature but kept the predator as I find it easier to read. As far as I recall Shearwater switched to lcd because they could no longer source the oled screen not because they had a high failure rate.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The ostc does real-time gf display too
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Purine hurts my feet Major Clanger's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Using a VR3 is the equivalent to wearing a Ben Sherman tank top and bell bottom trousers. They all do the job for the wearer, but some how others can't stop sniggering at them
    GaryL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger View Post
    Using a VR3 is the equivalent to wearing a Ben Sherman tank top and bell bottom trousers. They all do the job for the wearer, but some how others can't stop sniggering at them
    Last person I saw wearing a vr3 has dived the Victoria, Britannic and all sorts with it. Only bell ends would snigger.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.

Purine hurts my feet Major Clanger's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Last person I saw wearing a vr3 has dived the Victoria, Britannic and all sorts with it. Only bell ends would snigger.
    And would they still use them now, especially in shit-viz conditions?

It's had its day and a number of reliability issues with them. So much better available, like being compact and able to see the screen for starters. If you're relying on stand alones to conduct serious deco dives, why piss about with old stuff just because it's cheap.
    Last edited by Major Clanger; 27-12-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    GaryL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And would they still use them now, especially in shit-viz conditions?
    I think I saw it on his arm at NDAC when he'd just finished dragging some budding CCR diver into the real world (Woz I think).

Despite age, a working VR3 remains a viable solution for deco diving if you have the eyesight to see it. If, like me, you find a VR3 too hard to read then an OSTC is a good solution and I've become fond of my lightweight OSTC3.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And would they still use them now, especially in shit-viz conditions? It's had its day and a number of reliability issues with them. So much better available, like being compact and able to see the screen for starters. If you're relying on stand alones to conduct serious deco dives, why piss about with old stuff just because it's cheap.
    Meh. Whatever. There is a saying in engineering- "never trust a man with clean overalls". Same with diving. Don't trust the man with all shiny new kit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    I think I saw it on his arm at NDAC when he'd just finished dragging some budding CCR diver into the real world (Woz I think). Despite age, a working VR3 remains a viable solution for deco diving if you have the eyesight to see it. If, like me, you find a VR3 too hard to read then an OSTC is a good solution and I've become fond of my lightweight OSTC3.
    Oooo you should have said hello.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast