X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baron015
    Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by londonsean69
    Have you thought about a pony, that way you can just skip dive planning altogether
    Can you get twinning bands for ponies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memento mori.

Comment

• londonsean69
      Bacon fiend
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Baron015
      All the cool kids are sidemounting.
      Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Comment

• Paulo
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Baron015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I have them. They use a scrubber as a spacer and have a manifold and everything
        If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Woz
          All hail ZOM
          • Dec 2012

Don't discount the vr lot. They've brought more divers back from more extreme dives than the rest put together. The only reason I went ostc is I couldn't read the sodding display. Cheap way into trimix computers.
          I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• BARDO
            Underwater Creative
            • Dec 2012

As others have said, I wouldn't discount an old VR computer as they can be picked up pretty cheaply these days. The old VR3 is a robust workhorse of a computer even if is a bit of a brick! The best option would be an LCD VRx - don't go for the oLED version as it was crap.
            Follow my work on social media... www.instagram.com/bardophotographic
            View my online photo library... www.bardophotographic.com
            "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" - JW Goethe

Comment

• desertrat
              TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

I have an ostc 2n for sale if that's any good to you. Open to offers.

Rob

Comment

• Mark Chase
                Old but keen
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by James-S
                Looking for something like an OSTC 2, something Shearwater or a Liquivision Xeo - I don't fancy a HELO2, and nothing from Delta P please! CCR mode preferable but OC only is fine if the price is right.

Id reduce that list to OSTC2 and Sheerwater

I am perfictly happy with my Preditor Sheerwaters. GF deco and a clear display I can read without glasses on that shows actual real time GF fopr emergancy deco planning.

I also have a Persuit Sheerwater which works fine tracks the Preditor no problem and has the same on screen info.

Reliabuility seems not to be a problem dispite my repeted abuse

There are smaller, better screen dive computers out there which when they drop to sub £500 (when a new shinney one is launched) ill no doubt be interested in but till then Ill stick with the early Sheerwater stuff

ATB

Mark

Comment

• MikeF
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Ditto. I have two predators and can't really fault them at all. They are easier to read than the ostc if your eyes are going a bit. I looked at the petrel for the compass feature but kept the predator as I find it easier to read. As far as I recall Shearwater switched to lcd because they could no longer source the oled screen not because they had a high failure rate.

Comment

• Woz
                    All hail ZOM
                    • Dec 2012

The ostc does real-time gf display too
                    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• Major Clanger
                      Purine hurts my feet
                      • Dec 2012

Using a VR3 is the equivalent to wearing a Ben Sherman tank top and bell bottom trousers. They all do the job for the wearer, but some how others can't stop sniggering at them
                      GaryL

Comment

• Woz
                        All hail ZOM
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                        Using a VR3 is the equivalent to wearing a Ben Sherman tank top and bell bottom trousers. They all do the job for the wearer, but some how others can't stop sniggering at them
                        Last person I saw wearing a vr3 has dived the Victoria, Britannic and all sorts with it. Only bell ends would snigger.

Comment

• Major Clanger
                          Purine hurts my feet
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Woz
                          Last person I saw wearing a vr3 has dived the Victoria, Britannic and all sorts with it. Only bell ends would snigger.
                          And would they still use them now, especially in shit-viz conditions?

It's had its day and a number of reliability issues with them. So much better available, like being compact and able to see the screen for starters. If you're relying on stand alones to conduct serious deco dives, why piss about with old stuff just because it's cheap.
                          Last edited by Major Clanger; 27-12-2015, 09:30 PM.
                          GaryL

Comment

• dwhitlow
                            Coastal Member
                            • Dec 2012

And would they still use them now, especially in shit-viz conditions?
                            I think I saw it on his arm at NDAC when he'd just finished dragging some budding CCR diver into the real world (Woz I think).

Despite age, a working VR3 remains a viable solution for deco diving if you have the eyesight to see it. If, like me, you find a VR3 too hard to read then an OSTC is a good solution and I've become fond of my lightweight OSTC3.

Comment

• Woz
                              All hail ZOM
                              • Dec 2012

And would they still use them now, especially in shit-viz conditions? It's had its day and a number of reliability issues with them. So much better available, like being compact and able to see the screen for starters. If you're relying on stand alones to conduct serious deco dives, why piss about with old stuff just because it's cheap.
                              Meh. Whatever. There is a saying in engineering- "never trust a man with clean overalls". Same with diving. Don't trust the man with all shiny new kit.

Comment

• Woz
                                All hail ZOM
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by dwhitlow
                                I think I saw it on his arm at NDAC when he'd just finished dragging some budding CCR diver into the real world (Woz I think). Despite age, a working VR3 remains a viable solution for deco diving if you have the eyesight to see it. If, like me, you find a VR3 too hard to read then an OSTC is a good solution and I've become fond of my lightweight OSTC3.
                                Oooo you should have said hello.

Comment

Working...