Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    there are no guru's here (apart from possibly BTS in his own tiny pond )
    To be honest, it is more of a foot spa... and it may be broken..
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdive View Post
    Well I am so glad to have found you guys! I had no idea that a pool of such gifted and brilliant divers exists! I apologise to have offended you with my attempt to provide information on a concept us idiot Americans don't seem to get sometimes. I would love to learn from you since obviously you know it all. Whereas, I never will and no matter how "great of diver" I may be, there will always be somebody better out there.

I am looking forward to all the learning I will get from reading about your knowledge. Would love to put it on the article section.
    Flounce score 3/10.

By all means be proud of your 'work', but if you're teaching granny to suck eggs dont be surprised when she just smiles and says "yes dear" Being petulant at the response is likely to ensure granny doesnt invite you around for tea.

Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    information on a concept us idiot Americans don't seem to get sometimes.
    MOD1. Or background research. Does nobody do this over there?

Background research is not limited to reading something as basic as optimal loop volume on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well having read all the replies to this post I thought best check out the link.

It seems to me that its just mod 1 stuff bulled up a bit. Don't want too much or too little in the loop. Anything else doesn't make a major difference.

As far as passing us all to a commercial organisation well does it matter because we may learn something and it costs nowt. Suits me here in Yorkshire.😉

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARJAYM View Post
    Well having read all the replies to this post I thought best check out the link.

It seems to me that its just mod 1 stuff bulled up a bit. Don't want too much or too little in the loop. Anything else doesn't make a major difference.

As far as passing us all to a commercial organisation well does it matter because we may learn something and it costs nowt. Suits me here in Yorkshire.😉

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Although alluded to in your initial rebreather training, the idea of ‘optimal loop volume’ escapes some divers. Even among advanced rebreather divers, the loop appears to be managing them instead of them managing their loop. They learned to cope, instead of, to control it.
    What is ‘optimal loop volume’?.... Read more: http://www.addhelium.com/#!articles/c2hg
    Claudia, This doesn't appear that bad an article or topic. BUT your paper seems to have one major flaw: namely how does the diver know that their rebreather actually has sufficient enough "breathable loop volume" to even make it to your 5L "optimal loop volume"? When dived in the various orientations that divers get themselves into.
    The actual breathable loop volume of a rebreather is not a figure one normally finds associated with a units sales literature: typically being an unknown!

CE calls for only 4.5L breathable loop volume! and even then it is not something routinely tested nor data published on. Feel free to prove that I am wrong on this!
    I can only find evidence of one type of rebreather having even been tested as having met this requirement. http://www.deeplife.co.uk/or_files/D...ume_090911.pdf Simply adding up the size of the CLs fitted to a CCR isn't sufficient - as not all the volume is breathable - dependent on the individual unit design if the CLs are caged or how the diver fits their CLs if OTS or even the conflict with other equipment like wings, torches or cylinders!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wondered how long before some pdf's would appear
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Now there is a philosophy question!

What is the minimum loop volume of a mythical rebreather?

zero or infinite?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Come on, own up. Who said....

beetlejuicebeetlejuicebeetlejuice

Mal - get your red pencil ready :0

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    At last, the wait is over and he's back, with the regularity of an unwelcome season! We must be due for an update on the latest Apoc newsletter and imminent release of the latest model that includes that automatically controlled BCD that's being discussed on the other thread...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast