Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu Baron015's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    <<insert post here>>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memento mori.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well I am so glad to have found you guys! I had no idea that a pool of such gifted and brilliant divers exists! I apologise to have offended you with my attempt to provide information on a concept us idiot Americans don't seem to get sometimes. I would love to learn from you since obviously you know it all. Whereas, I never will and no matter how "great of diver" I may be, there will always be somebody better out there.

I am looking forward to all the learning I will get from reading about your knowledge. Would love to put it on the article section.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdive View Post
    Well I am so glad to have found you guys! I had no idea that a pool of such gifted and brilliant divers exists! I apologise to have offended you with my attempt to provide information on a concept us idiot Americans don't seem to get sometimes. I would love to learn from you since obviously you know it all. Whereas, I never will and no matter how "great of diver" I may be, there will always be somebody better out there.

I am looking forward to all the learning I will get from reading about your knowledge. Would love to put it on the article section.
    Is this sarcasm or am I just being too British?

Min loop is like buoyancy, takes a little practice but once you have it, you have it.... I don't know anyone who suffers badly due to the counterlungs, if they did they wouldn't be doing worthwhile CCR dives...

Oh, and for the record... I am the one round here that knows everything.... apparently
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Come back soon, missing you already ��

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps if it didn't involve clicking through to a commercial orientated website ............ You see we are a naturally cynical lot who tend to be able to see thinly veiled ruses to gain traffic, that's not to say what you have to say isn't valid (no idea I didn't click ) but we tend not to like being used - just my twopenneth You may also find a lot of us just enjoy 'playing devils advocate'
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Calm down dear
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdive
    With permission and appropriate payment, I presume.
    'I saw some purple slug things on the Scylla, so I squished them' - #MiniBodger

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ROTFL.

Let's admit it. You came here to tell us how smart you are...

...and we joined in with the game.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think anyone was offended (along with apologise it's not a word you see often on TDF apart from your posts). they were commenting more on the perceived attempt to increase traffic on the add helium website and the somewhat pretentious nature of the 'Add Helium - The rebreather epicenter' website itself.

The worlds only CCR travel company? educational articles on the merits of pockets? statements such as Be sure you are working with a full-time, experienced CCR instructor and CCR retailer to ensure you get the best available information.

Don't take the comments personally, there's no doubt that the Add Helium team contains some talented individuals and has done some impressive stuff but you just hit the culture clash between the anarchy of the UK 'dive scene' where everyone no matter how qualified or experienced gets challenged and the deference of the US 'dive scene' to 'professional dive educators' and other experts.

there are no guru's here (apart from possibly BTS in his own tiny pond ) but there are some very experienced divers who despite appearances do occasionally dive and who are open to intelligent debate on the latest thinking and if you post up thought provoking stuff you may find yourself engaged in some spirited debate as I get the impression that there are more than a few members on here who would probably have been described as troublemakers at school (or nowadays maybe challenging).

They were the kids with an active and enquiring mind who objected to being patronised by teachers and authority figures, and they just suspected that the primary reason for your post was not to provide information on a concept that has been around since the year dot and is taught at the most basic rebreather course level, but was a cynical attempt to promote Add Helium and raise brand awareness in the UK and if you patronise the kids they're going to get all unruly and call you out.

Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Didn't add helium moan that someone was selling Revos in Key Largo (their area) not long ago and now they're advertising in England?

Seems a double standard to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast