Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Slatwall Full of Chinese Exports

Just thought I'd stand up for the LDS as they seem to take a lot of flack. I have an LDS full of Gridwall, Slatwall is MDF and so 90's. I would like to know what products we should have on our Gridwall? Instead of things made in China/far flung country.

We do have many things that are 'Chinese Export' on the wall, we also have many things that are not. What do we change our CE products for? Does anyone have any realistic options?

As a relatively new LDS, situated close to existing shops, you can't name any brands they sell, 'cos I can't buy them.
    Declared interest:
    SDI/TDI Diver Training, Stingray RHIB and/or Moonshadow Hard Boat Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You could start with these:
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    You could start with these:
    Tested one of those for SCUBA magazine, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy, not that I have enemies (that I know of).
    Declared interest:
    SDI/TDI Diver Training, Stingray RHIB and/or Moonshadow Hard Boat Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Go into Underwater Explorers, take a photo, then stock what they stock but 50% cheaper so I don't have to pull my eyebrows out of my hairline every time I go in.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Go into Underwater Explorers, take a photo, then stock what they stock but 50% cheaper so I don't have to pull my eyebrows out of my hairline every time I go in.
    Rly?

I found UE to be pretty reasonable, as long as you're not buying anything with H or Santi written on it...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You could try stocking it with kit that you have dived with and that both works and you'd be happy to use yourself. That would be a big start over most of the tat that some try to sell.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    You could try stocking it with kit that you have dived with and that both works and you'd be happy to use yourself. That would be a big start over most of the tat that some try to sell.
    I do actually Mike, Kent Tooling reels, Force Fins, Northern Diver drysuits, Kwark undersuits, Tecline Regs, Big Blue lights, Ration dive computers etc. some of their products are Chinese though. Having seen many posts against Chinese products, I thought I'd ask what people thought the realistic options were?
    Declared interest:

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    there's nothing wrong with Chinese products, so long as the quality is suitable.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    there's nothing wrong with Chinese products, so long as the quality is suitable.
    You've hit the nail on the head.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd pull out of flogging dive kit and open up a sweet shop - with the new proposed sugar tax being discussed I forcast a run on sweets
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast