Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Go Pro?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by leehebs View Post
    This the video light i purchased came inabout 59 pounds from amazon, throws out some amont of light

Have you used it yet Lee? Any feedback?

Thanks, Maria

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    Got fed up destroying GoPro's . I am now using a MUVI camera which has more extra's than you can shake a stick at , and is rated to 100m ......All for 250 And will use GoPro Bits n bobs.
    Does it take stills as well?
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    Got fed up destroying GoPro's . I am now using a MUVI camera which has more extra's than you can shake a stick at , and is rated to 100m ......All for 250 And will use GoPro Bits n bobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    Does it take stills as well?
    It will indeed take stills.
    I bought one of these cameras about a year back, cost was about 170 from memory.
    I wanted it for a trip I was going on that would involve some depth. The field of view
    isn't as good as the gopro but it's not bad either. The colour correction isn't the best
    and the housing buttons stick with depth (about 50-60m) so it's just as well to leave it on all
    the time and then edit it, just how that would work with stills I don't know.
    I had the camera on dives up to 90m and no sign of a leak.
    I have just got a gopro 4 silver and am waiting on the 150m housing to come so will see how that goes.
    For the money I paid the Muvi is a good camera I'm hoping the gopro will be better but with the deep
    housing it's 2 or 3 times the price of the Muvi.
    I bought the Muvi from Zavvi.com and it didn't come with the LCD back but I got it from ebay for about 30.
    If I get to the other computer I'll post a short video of a deep dive shot only with my dive light,
    I have since bought a video light but never got a chance to use it yet.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Maria View Post
    Have you used it yet Lee? Any feedback?

Thanks, Maria
    I used this light during a recent liveaboard and found it to be good for use instead of my dive torch both inside the wrecks and on night dives, I was using a Gopro Hero 4 Silver and the included bracket.

Battery lasted for a full 40 odd minute dive.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not used it under water, waiting for these storms to leave

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Being a bit of a tight wad I have just bought a sjcam4000 for my up and coming trip to Malta.
    I was all set for buying a go pro when a mate mentioned the sjcam, a bit of research threw up a lot of positive comments and as they are less than 60 quid with housing and all the bits what's not to like.
    Initial playing around with it seems good and if I do end up flooding it at that price it's not so bad.
    Hardest thing was trying to find a genuine seller, there are lots and lots of copy's on the market.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Obviously with that light RIGHT next to the lens its going to be backscatter city. Far better off trying to separate them.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rexters View Post
    Being a bit of a tight wad I have just bought a sjcam4000 for my up and coming trip to Malta.
    I was all set for buying a go pro when a mate mentioned the sjcam, a bit of research threw up a lot of positive comments and as they are less than 60 quid with housing and all the bits what's not to like.
    Initial playing around with it seems good and if I do end up flooding it at that price it's not so bad.
    Hardest thing was trying to find a genuine seller, there are lots and lots of copy's on the market.
    I have a copy SJ4000 that cost me 31, brilliant piece of kit, it could be the downfall of GoPro. I have even sold footage taken with the SJ copy to the BBC

Rated to 30m, it has been to 39m so far. It has been abused and thrown around, still working well.

https://youtu.be/IOimHy3dh30
    Declared interest:
    SDI/TDI Diver Training, Stingray RHIB and/or Moonshadow Hard Boat Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba.

Established TDF Member Rob Dobson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    I have a copy SJ4000 that cost me 31, brilliant piece of kit, it could be the downfall of GoPro. I have even sold footage taken with the SJ copy to the BBC

Rated to 30m, it has been to 39m so far. It has been abused and thrown around, still working well.

https://youtu.be/IOimHy3dh30
    For the money I'm impressed. 31 for an underwater video camera is madness.

Looking at the video you can see that quality is not as good as GoPro but for 31.... Wow.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got to admit it takes good video and all for 31 pounds , nice, I stick with my go pro as paid for it ��

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast