Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ali 80 FS.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The full scale business is mechanics. The guts can work over whatever range you like, but the visual only needs to go to 300bar.

I wouldn't use the psi gauge unless I was in the us. Like I said - very limited market. It's a risk to be aware of though. If the yank has lots more gas then you to start with and you both divide by three. He breathes more and then has a problem - there is insufficient gas in your tanks to get you both out.

Steve

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    The full scale business is mechanics. The guts can work over whatever range you like, but the visual only needs to go to 300bar. I wouldn't use the psi gauge unless I was in the us. Like I said - very limited market. It's a risk to be aware of though. If the yank has lots more gas then you to start with and you both divide by three. He breathes more and then has a problem - there is insufficient gas in your tanks to get you both out. Steve
    Give the Yank a slap and throw a bar gauge at them telling them to pull themselves together and enter the 20th century.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    350bar is good for cave divers...

Never blow hot and let it cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    If you want a hint for product improvement, then please can you remove the multi-coloured background on your gauges. Makes them really difficult to read in gloomy conditions.

Simple black on white, please. If you must, a red bit at 50bar.
    Why red to mark the 50 bar? You can't see red below, say, 8 metres and it appears black.

why not, for example, use a double === marker for 50 bar. Or some other non-coloured indicator to highlight the 50 bar - invert it? [50]

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why not let "50 bar" indicate where 50 bar is?

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Why red to mark the 50 bar? You can't see red below, say, 8 metres and it appears black.

why not, for example, use a double === marker for 50 bar. Or some other non-coloured indicator to highlight the 50 bar - invert it? [50]
    RED indicates the least accurate section of a gauge apparently. well thats what a clanky spanner flinger told me many years ago

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm all for a non red bit too. Simple and elegant please not eye watering.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No red please. I do some dives where the red should start at 20bar, I do other dives where it needs to be at 150bar.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    No red please. I do some dives where the red should start at 20bar, I do other dives where it needs to be at 150bar.
    Exactly. Red at 50 bar is just an arbitrary number. I have a gauge where they've decided to put it at 70. The numbers all need to be clear and in the same plane though rather than rotating with the dial.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ali 80 FS.

I really hope this happens. I prefer glass as they're easier to read. But I break em.

Plastic uns scratch up where I go and get impossible to read.

Either way, I buy often. But the glass ones I buy (DIR direct?) normally will still work enough to get you home when the crack. When the plastic ones get scratched, they're just not readable at all

Cheaper, simpler and no boot is all I want.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345