Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ali 80 FS.

Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In fact, thinking about it, if I was to choose a company to sponsor my cave diving, it'd be beaver.

Awesome gloves, awesome wetsuits, cylinders that hold air (most places I go, trim doesn't matter!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.D., Beaver Sports (Yorks) Ltd
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can you please initially advise what specific product you are referring to??? Beaver purchase stainless steel products in general from the same manufacturers as everyone else does.... If you are referring to Split Rings from 6 or 7 years ago, they went very rusty rather fast and were replaced FOC when requested, bloody nightmare they were, funny when Chinese person eventually said 'Arghhh You Mean Salt Water'!! New model been on the market now for a good few years and as far as I know none at all have gone rusty. Thank You...
    Last edited by MW1963; 06-01-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: manners

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lol.

At least they only manufactured a peice of life safety equipment out of the wrong alloy. It could have been worse, they could have spelt CE wrong when they were printing your packaging.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post
    Beaver - purveyors of the worlds rustiest stainless steel.
    you have never had CD twinning bands have you

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
    Lol.

At least they only manufactured a peice of life safety equipment out of the wrong alloy. It could have been worse, they could have spelt CE wrong when they were printing your packaging.
    Never heard of Spilt Rings being used as 'a piece of life safety equipment' in my 34 years in the industry, but still eager to learn. Suppose they could until it was spotted and rectified, but at least I know how to spell piece in proper English LOL!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No mate, daft really as I've never bought anything from my good friend Alex at CD, we've bought each other plenty of beers though!!

Beaver twinning bands are made in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England and can honestly say that we've ever had one single pair of these rusting over the 20 years or so that we've sold them, they also properly fit cylinders, so as such have had no reason to change.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cheers mate, that's great to know, us Yorkshire lads have to stick together;<)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by drysuitdiver View Post
    you have never had CD twinning bands have you
    Or the clips on Halcyon torches
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Or the clips on Halcyon torches
    The canister latches?

Have you spoken to them about it? In my experience, Halcyon actively want to know if there is a problem with any of their gear. They test gear a lot more extensively than most before release and if you've found a fault in a production item, they want to know. The gear is being used in a lot more exposed conditions around the world and they need to be confident it works every time straight out of the factory. When Casey did that massive traverse dive at Wakulla (7miles/6 hours at 90m+a day of deco), he picked up a brand new (pink) halcyon wing off the end of the production line and used it for the dive.

It's a different attitude to most manufacturers, it's not just good customer service - it's quality right through the system. Have a read about how they dealt with the OPV 304/316 stainless spring recall in 2009:

http://www.scubagadget.com/the-opv-r...ou-gear-today/

I've had a halcyon twinset wing for 7 years or so. Used it for all my diving. The stitching on the external bag had started to fray on a seam and a small inch long hole formed. I spoke to UE before Xmas and they replaced it. New external bag, original sent back for inspection.

Steve

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hee, hee, so someone else's stuff may occasionally rust like fook to their surprise!! Steve, I think you'll find that ALL manufacturers 'actively want to know if there is a problem with their gear' and take action accordingly. Unfortunately the way of the world these days is not to advise the manufacturer and act responsibly in the best interests of all. Instead, simply go on the web and advise the world without actually bringing it to the attention of those in a position to rectify any issues to the best of their abilities. Great to see that Halcyon have responded in the way that all 'proper' manufacturers of diving gear do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast