Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but have you experienced any flexing of the dog bone backplate when fitted to multiple cylinders? I'm currently using the apd bmcls with their standard harness and a g-box but am concerned about the weight damaging the lung outers so was looking at getting one of the above backplates to prevent this from happening but was wondering whether to go for the 2.5 or 5mm version? Ideally I would opt for the lighter one but the 5mm one would be much stronger as I'm mounting 3 x 3l and a 1.5l on the g-box. Cheers

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi BcDiver,
    I've used the dog bone plate (2.5mm) with twin steel 7's and with 4 x 3 litres on a KT Box and found no flexing whatsoever. My only concern was the webbing for the lungs that are stitched onto the outer lung covers. I was worried that the stitching might give way so I ran some webbing in the traditional manner from the top of the Dog Bone plate and just looped the lung webbing round this so that no weight was on the lung webbing (photos earlier in the thread).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234