Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question accelerated deco

hello you all
    I am looking for a good book on accelerated deco
    please can any body have or tell me which book would be best
    thank you adrian
    only the good die young so I will live for ever

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What is it you want to learn? Deco for Divers explains what is going on very well. I can't advise on one for diving practices.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    hello
    it is the practical parts the maths
    the course notes mite be the best
    thank you Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Zubar View Post
    What is it you want to learn? Deco for Divers explains what is going on very well. I can't advise on one for diving practices.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    google ,

nitrox diving pdf , NOAA or DAN plus a years worth of reading , to keep you going ,

if your doing a course / nitrox , just turn up and do it , you would need to be a real half witt not to get a card .
    feek edit that ,

ment to say even a half witt will pass as long a course fee is payed ,
    Last edited by gobfish1; 27-09-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have the iantd book for ART. you are welcome to it if you want. It's not 'good' though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    hello
    does it have all the info and the maths how to work it out the hard way
    thank you Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Zubar View Post
    I have the iantd book for ART. you are welcome to it if you want. It's not 'good' though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    'Deco For Divers' by Mark Powell is what I would recommend if you want to get into it. For an overview of the research that has been done into decompression theory you will be hard pressed to do better. Mark is a well known and highly regarded technical diving instructor as well so the book is written by a diver for divers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by addive View Post
    hello
    thank you Adrian
    what maths are you looking for? what do you want to work out?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    hello
    thank you Adrian
    Yes it has all the calc at the beginning by the looks of it. i think I had a work book to but lent that to someone else.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    hello
    thank you Adrian
    There's a hard way?

Standard gasses, ratio deco. Ends up as either 1 min deep stops and 5 mins at 6, or 2 with 10 or 3 with 15.

If you want to get real fancy and do O2 deco, you need to reduce the 6m stop by... some... But tbh 30 mins of deco should see you right.

Just get multi-deco and plug some numbers in, then get a feel for the way the deco stops stack up. As above, I wouldn't bother reading up too much, as it will be taught on the course.

If you're just planning on having a bash without doing the course... Well, put it this way. Figuring out which stops to do can be made very easy by using a computer. Being able to hold a stop is contingent on good / excellent buoyancy control and on having enough gas to do the stops. Gas planning can be made easy or difficult by your choices of gas and your deco model, but there are some shortcuts that you can learn pretty quickly.

Having the discipline and the skills to execute the dive safely and to deal with emergencies / failures is what you pay the money to have beaten into you. If you don't think you need it, fine. Just don't go diving somewhere where someone else will be expected to rescue you.

Equally, if we're talking about nitrox / air dives with nitrox/O2 deco, then what is the point? Use Multi-deco. Run the profiles. If you use EAN32 for back gas, max depth 30m, you have to try pretty hard to get past 20 mins of deco (my personal threshold for wanting to take a 40 of O2). For anything deeper, there's trimix. Some will argue to 40m on air / weak nitrox but tbh I'm off my tits past 30m and on somewhere around a 24% Nitrox, the difference between that and air is worth very little.

Advanced Nitrox or whatever it's called this week is an utterly pointless course in its own right. As a primer that gets you used to doing stops and using stages before you actually do dives that really need them, it's kinda handy as a stepping stone to a mix course, but tbh there are better ways to get there.

Short version of all of the above? Do Fundies. Then Tech 1. Should come in at 1500 odd quid in course fees, plus whatever kit you need to change, plus your soul. Oh, and then there's the probe...
    DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand this shit, ask a grown up, preferably someone with deep pockets, who your widow/kids can sue. Don't trust people on the internet with your life, your credit card details or your naked selfies! This advice may contain, or indeed be written by someone who is (clinically), nuts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast