Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtb: Dpv

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thx jp and john also, looks good but not sure if 80m covers what i aspire to dive

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garspeed View Post
    Thx jp and john also, looks good but not sure if 80m covers what i aspire to dive
    They do one that's rated to 120m, that's deep enough for most folks.... I had the old ADV-14 that 120m if not more.

It would help if you specified your requirements......
    Last edited by JPTaylor; 25-09-2015 at 09:27 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPTaylor View Post
    They do one that's rated to 120m, that's deep enough for most folks.... I had the old ADV-14 that 120m if not more.

It would help if you specified your requirements......
    Prob 100m rated, small and light weight

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wouldn't even consider an XJoy 2, with its weak torque and limited speed/burntime it's more of a recreational toy. The 14 has good specs but you pay for them. IMHO you can't beat a used Sierra for value. After extensive evaluating and pondering I chose that over an N-19.
    I've stuck a lithium pack in mine and I have a 17kg pocket rocket that will pull me in a rebreather with 4 stages and a membrane drysuit like a train for hours, I've never managed to kill it in 2 dives.
    They're rated to 180m and I can confirm rust is not a concern - I use mine in salt water and it's fine. It's ally, you don't see rusty ally tanks do you?
    Another big plus is they're completely user-serviceable and support is solid.

No doubt SS and Suex have comparable build quality and performance, but the Sierra is the one which checked the most boxes for me so I chose that and it's the best money I've ever spent hands down.

If you can get your hands on a Cuda 550 with a good battery jump on it, they're awesome!

Yen

Established TDF Member Rob Dobson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Yen View Post
    If you can get your hands on a Cuda 550 with a good battery jump on it, they're awesome!
    I love the 550 as a scooter, but it is heavy compared with the 400 or the Sierra. If weight is a factor (and it should be), then I'd probably drawer the line at the Cuda 400 and ideally pick up a used Sierra.

The new Piranhas make everything else look like a bloated behemoth, but they are way too new be hitting the used market.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A used sierra or cude 400 would do me nicely guys. Surely someone is looking to upgrade to a nice new piranha and would be happy to let me take away their trade in?

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garspeed View Post
    A used sierra or cude 400 would do me nicely guys. Surely someone is looking to upgrade to a nice new piranha and would be happy to let me take away their trade in?
    hi. Ive got 2 Suex X Joy 14's
    One is the current model, about 6 years old but little used
    The other is the very original model that has a simpler prop cover on it so is a little less powerful. It can be updated to the current model for about 200ish.

not used either for a couple of years so will need to do a burn test on the batteries to check them.

Let me know if your interested?

Cheers

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've got two Adv-14 / X joy 14 batteries that are no longer suitable for cave. When I burn-tested them, you could see a cell dropping out so they are on the way out. I've got a new one for cave.

If you want them cheap for mucking about with or for re-build purposes, let me know. I've also got a spare original handle and a spare 3 blade standard prop if you are doing a re-build.

The 14 is a great scooter. I'm planning on using it next week for some support diving, dragging 5 stages at a time to and from 900m in St Georges. It's also small enough to use on a boat.

Value for money wise, the X joy 2 is ok. Certainly fine for getting around wrecks. Small makes it easy to turn. Not so great for long high speed runs. They keep value well, batteries are cheap. But one for you and one for your buddy may actually give you a lot more in water scooter time.

Steve

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm currently in Egypt, a friend here has a couple he's not using anymore and I have a new battery back in London left over from my lithium conversion, it's up in the FS section.
    I'm flying back to the UK today so too short notice, but I'm sure he wouldn't turn down a half reasonable offer for his Sierra and I guess if anyone wants one I could take it back next time I visit which should be soon. Otherwise if you're flying to the States hit up the factory direct, they sometimes have good deals from trade-ins, but they're in buttfucksville WA.

Yen

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think they're quite what you're looking for, but I have two Torpedos that I wouldn't mind getting rid of if you want something to have a play with. They're certainly not in the class of the Apollos or similar, but they're a step up from a seadoo...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast