Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Go Pro Info

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go Pro Info

Hi all

I'm finally going to switch to a GoPro going for a Hero 4 Black, I know I'm well behind the times lol.

Having looked at the official web site and a few others, I can't find anything saying whether you need a SD card or if it's supplied so the question is, do you get one or do I need to buy one?

It's very possible I just can't see the wood for the trees!

Many thanks.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You need to buy a micro SD card yourself. Make sure it is Class 10 and ideally something faster. I have had problems with some cheap class 10 cards. Only use the Sandisk extreme ones now. List of supported cards is here http://gopro.com/support/articles/so...update-release

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poacher View Post
    Hi all

I'm finally going to switch to a GoPro going for a Hero 4 Black, I know I'm well behind the times lol.

Having looked at the official web site and a few others, I can't find anything saying whether you need a SD card or if it's supplied so the question is, do you get one or do I need to buy one?

It's very possible I just can't see the wood for the trees!

Many thanks.
    You need to buy a card - just dont bother with bargain ones! I have not had any issues with any from proper manufacturers that claim they are compatible with full HD Video but there was a period (about 3 years ago) when GoPros were very fussy about what cards you used. Safest to stick with the approved list

In passing - do you really need a Black? The Silver has better specs than the old 3+ Black which itself was plenty good enough for most folk and you could save a packet of money in the process. The silver also has the LCD screen built in - the Black is aimed at the pro market and has more bells and whistles in terms of tuning the image and shooting very HD video modes (like 4k - and you are going to be able to watch that on what precisely???). Both still munch through batteries though

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I went for the Silver, as I wanted the LCD screen without buying a new back and a case. It would be useless without it.

I bought 2 of these, work well: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IJYG78...986871_TE_item

Matt.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I found a GoPro 4 Silver on a dive this week, who would've guessed a 40m rated housing would be intact at 105m after nearly 10 months!
    Very Impressive

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I found a GoPro 4 Silver on a dive this week, who would've guessed a 40m rated housing would be intact at 105m after nearly 10 months!
    Very Impressive
    Any good video?