Banner Ad

Looking for a BARGAIN!!!! Best way to get a great deal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greatwhite
    Established TDF Member
    • May 2013

Looking for a BARGAIN!!!! Best way to get a great deal?

As the title says, we want to go diving but want a bargain! We don't mind leaving it until 2 or 3 days before departure date. Ideally somewhere like the maldives or red sea for a weeks liveaboard. Has anyone ever got a great deal that they found hard to refuse? If so, how did you find it, what was the deal, do some companies offer better deals than others ? At the moment for a weeks liveaboard in Maldives in November they are asking for around 1600 pounds, can that be beaten if we leave it until nearer the departure date? Cheers all!
  • greatwhite
    Established TDF Member
    • May 2013

Originally posted by stm78
    I'm also looking to go diving and I found a great deal at this place for red sea diving.

This deal is about £1,200 for 7 days ().

They also have diving at Sharm El Sheikh for 7 nights which includes 5 days boat diving and flights for £759 ()

Not sure how useful this is to you but thought'd I'd share my findings! I was recommended this travel company by a good friend from London.
    Thanks Stm,

Just got back from a red sea liveaboard a few weeks ago, brothers/daedals and elphinstone and paid less than your links, but thanks anyway. A weeks hotel in sharm for 759 I would expect to find a 5 star hotel including diving for that price I think?
    Last edited by GLOC; 23-09-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Digger
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by greatwhite
      Thanks Stm,

Just got back from a red sea liveaboard a few weeks ago, brothers/daedals and elphinstone and paid less than your links, but thanks anyway. A weeks hotel in sharm for 759 I would expect to find a 5 star hotel including diving for that price I think?
      It is obviously spam, but ignoring that, the best route is to give your details to the TOs and give them a budget - either that or ring up a day or two before due to leave. There are deals to be done on spare rooms on liveaboards and resorts, but they can be a bit reluctant to do you an epic deal for a trip that others might have paid a lot more for the same thing - on liveaboards there is always someone who claims to have got a great deal, which regardless of the price everyone else has paid makes them feel ripped off.

Also last minute availability on Blue O Two and Tony Backhurst sites comes up with a good deal occasionally, but you'd need to be flexible on what boat and where it was going etc.

Digs.

Comment

• greatwhite
        Established TDF Member
        • May 2013

Cheers Digs, the last great deal I got was in fact with one of the companies you have just mentioned and yes others did pay a lot more than me, but then that's the price you pay if you want to be sure of having a spot!

Comment

• Sparky
          TDF Member
          • Jan 2013

Tony Backhurst will drop their prices closer to the time, there's spaces on a get wrecked on Cyclone leaving this sat for £795 that's a £400 saving on what they were asking.

Comment

• Rhys
            TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Sparky
            Tony Backhurst will drop their prices closer to the time, there's spaces on a get wrecked on Cyclone leaving this sat for £795 that's a £400 saving on what they were asking.
            I 've been thinking about this for the last couple of days! is very tempting!

Comment

• greatwhite
              Established TDF Member
              • May 2013

Sparky cheers! Do you kno what the cyclone is like? Have you done the get wrecked itin before? To tell the truth - I prefer sharks than wrecks! Do u ever see sharks on tis itin? Cheers

Comment

• greatwhite
                Established TDF Member
                • May 2013

Also, do u think that is there final price? Could they drop more if asked?

Comment

• Rhys
                  TDF Member
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by greatwhite
                  Also, do u think that is there final price? Could they drop more if asked?
                  Well its just dropped to £695, if only I could find decent flights over to gatwick!

Comment

• Sparky
                    TDF Member
                    • Jan 2013

Cyclone is a wooden built boat, it was refitted in 2009 and made slightly longer, as with all the tornado boats they are very good, I have been on her twice, once in 2004 and 2010.

The get wrecked is a good trip if you like metal, they do get to quite a few of the main wrecks as well as across to the Roslie Moller and a few others round gobel island.

If you look out into the blue you may see some sharks and you do often get dolphins around the wrecks.

I'm heading out to the mistral this sat doing a wrecks and reef trip for a change (I've done 5 get wrecked trips) as I've got a new strobe I want to play with.

Comment

• greatwhite
                      Established TDF Member
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by Rhys
                      Well its just dropped to £695, if only I could find decent flights over to gatwick!
                      £695 is tempting

Comment

• greatwhite
                        Established TDF Member
                        • May 2013

Cyclone is a wooden built boat, it was refitted in 2009 and made slightly longer, as with all the tornado boats they are very good, I have been on her twice, once in 2004 and 2010.

The get wrecked is a good trip if you like metal, they do get to quite a few of the main wrecks as well as across to the Roslie Moller and a few others round gobel island.

If you look out into the blue you may see some sharks and you do often get dolphins around the wrecks.

I'm heading out to the mistral this sat doing a wrecks and reef trip for a change (I've done 5 get wrecked trips) as I've got a new strobe I want to play with.
                        Did you get a bargain?

Comment

• Sparky
                          TDF Member
                          • Jan 2013

I booked a while ago as I had to arrange it with work, they do do a discount if you have travelled with them 2 or more times, not as much as the discount for cyclone but my trip was almost full when I booked.

Comment

• greatwhite
                            Established TDF Member
                            • May 2013

Do you know how they compare to the Blue 02 boats spark?

Comment

• Sparky
                              TDF Member
                              • Jan 2013

I don't i'm afraid, not been on any of the blue 02 boats, the tornado fleet are a mixture of steel and wooden boats, i think the blue 02 are all steel but I could be wrong.

there's not much difference in setup between the two types they're all specced really well with air con, on suite and decent dive decks the only noticeable thing is the steel boats sit slightly better in the water and don't roll as much.

Comment

Working...