Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Well its just dropped to 695, if only I could find decent flights over to gatwick!
    695 is tempting

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Cyclone is a wooden built boat, it was refitted in 2009 and made slightly longer, as with all the tornado boats they are very good, I have been on her twice, once in 2004 and 2010.

The get wrecked is a good trip if you like metal, they do get to quite a few of the main wrecks as well as across to the Roslie Moller and a few others round gobel island.

If you look out into the blue you may see some sharks and you do often get dolphins around the wrecks.

I'm heading out to the mistral this sat doing a wrecks and reef trip for a change (I've done 5 get wrecked trips) as I've got a new strobe I want to play with.
    Did you get a bargain?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I booked a while ago as I had to arrange it with work, they do do a discount if you have travelled with them 2 or more times, not as much as the discount for cyclone but my trip was almost full when I booked.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cyclone is a wooden built boat, it was refitted in 2009 and made slightly longer, as with all the tornado boats they are very good, I have been on her twice, once in 2004 and 2010.

The get wrecked is a good trip if you like metal, they do get to quite a few of the main wrecks as well as across to the Roslie Moller and a few others round gobel island.

If you look out into the blue you may see some sharks and you do often get dolphins around the wrecks.

I'm heading out to the mistral this sat doing a wrecks and reef trip for a change (I've done 5 get wrecked trips) as I've got a new strobe I want to play with.
    Do you know how they compare to the Blue 02 boats spark?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't i'm afraid, not been on any of the blue 02 boats, the tornado fleet are a mixture of steel and wooden boats, i think the blue 02 are all steel but I could be wrong.

there's not much difference in setup between the two types they're all specced really well with air con, on suite and decent dive decks the only noticeable thing is the steel boats sit slightly better in the water and don't roll as much.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't i'm afraid, not been on any of the blue 02 boats, the tornado fleet are a mixture of steel and wooden boats, i think the blue 02 are all steel but I could be wrong.

there's not much difference in setup between the two types they're all specced really well with air con, on suite and decent dive decks the only noticeable thing is the steel boats sit slightly better in the water and don't roll as much.
    Thanks Spark, but the blue 02 boat I was on, one of the guys mentioned it was a wooden boat and he was very surprised himself! Blue 02 was a decent boat plenty of comfort for me and with hot powerful decent showers. The bedrooms even had an empty mini fridge and tv to use.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well ive just booked it at 572.5 + 60 for weeks nitrox. Don't think it will go any cheaper than that!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Well ive just booked it at 572.5 + 60 for weeks nitrox. Don't think it will go any cheaper than that!
    Rhys - that is what I call a bargain!!!! Well done! Did you get the last slot?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rhys ah I see it is advertised at that price on their web now! You should had tried for free nirtox hehe!!! Last trip I did free nitrox and visa into Egypt

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Rhys ah I see it is advertised at that price on their web now! You should had tried for free nirtox hehe!!! Last trip I did free nitrox and visa into Egypt
    I tried for free nitrox, visa, bsac membership discount. Weren't budging at all. I could have waited another day but my flights to england kept going up in price so just went for it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast