Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Camberley or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You book the course through the instructor you wish to do it with

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    6m on a platform, deep on helium or exploring a cave. I'm happy being in the water.
    My pages:
    l website l Facebook l YouTube l Blogger l Google+ l Linkedin l Vimeo l

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpayneuk View Post
    Ian. Yes deffinately thought about the gue route.

There seems pros and cons to it. Major pros from what I see are that you should become a much better diver, technique wise etc.

Cons. well for me at present. It seems a bit to regimented. I see the reasons for this, just not sure it suits me.

Thanks for the advice with graham Blackmore :-)

Saying that I would love to give it a go on one of their trial days, to make a final decision.
    Got a fundies class at end of month which is perfect for any diver considering technical diving. Its a IE for Neil Powell so essentially you get two instructors for price of one

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpayneuk View Post
    I'm only an aow diver at the mo, but I am really interested in ice diving, the deep wrecks off Northern Ireland and even some cave/ mine diving. All one step at a time though lol. Ccr I guess will eventually come along with this more as a necessity.
    How much diving have you done and what sort of dives?

If you're regularly diving in the uk in varied conditions BSAC sports diver will be a waste of time for you except for the rescue lesson. However it might be worth doing the box ticking bollox if you wanted to go down route of more bsac qualifications.

I would go as far as to say if you did really learn much doing sports diver then you would be well advised to stick around that level for a while.

Depends on your rate of progression really (desired rate plus taking into account how much spare cash and time you have). If you want to go and do deep stuff off malin with any sort of regularity then you won't want to be doing that on OC trimix as it's sodding expensive, I sacked off that idea pretty quick and that was with me mixing my own gas let alone paying shop or boat prices. So you end up down the CCR route... and I would say get on one sooner rather than later. I don't think my twinset and stage diving experience gave me as much useful experience as doing the same stuff on ccr would have with the same rate of progression.

But obviously that's some serious outlay of time. Don't worry too much about the cost, people blow that all out of proportion, you can get an inspo classic second hand for the same sort of prices you could pay to set up a decent twin set.

So have a think about your current level and your ambitions and a route to get there before you splash a load of cash.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The OP has not visited the forum since 13/08/2015. !!!
    I failed to dive in Antartica

I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    The OP has not visited the forum since 13/08/2015. !!!
    That's no excuse not to have a lynch mob!
    DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand this shit, ask a grown up, preferably someone with deep pockets, who your widow/kids can sue. Don't trust people on the internet with your life, your credit card details or your naked selfies! This advice may contain, or indeed be written by someone who is (clinically), nuts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123