Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Instructor reccomendation - devon

Just looking at some advice from any of you guys that have gone the technical route and trained in Devon.

What instructors would you reccomend and where are they based. What organisation did they provide the training etc.

Any pros and cons or advice would be great.

As I'm based down in South Devon I would prefer to keep it local as possible.

I won't be doing it just yet as need to get more experience, but just planning ahead :-)

Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu Baron015's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Memento mori.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How technical are we talking Dan? extended range diving/Accelerated deco or CCR. One mans technical is anothers recreational.

There are some very good instructors in Plymouth, if you are looking to go down the Twinset / Deco procedures route I would recommend In Deep at the Mount batten centre. Sean McTierney and the team are running a well oiled training schedule. Excellent training delivered from a very active centre. 5* from me

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron015 View Post
    Good recommendation.

that guy on the diver training page of that site looks awesome!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cheers chaps.

Not heard of dive solutions. But look pretty good. Did you do training with them baron?

Tris. Good question regarding technical level. For now I would say just to allow extra depth and allow deco.

I'm only an aow diver at the mo, but I am really interested in ice diving, the deep wrecks off Northern Ireland and even some cave/ mine diving. All one step at a time though lol. Ccr I guess will eventually come along with this more as a necessity.

Good to hear a reccomendation for in deep. I have been checking out their site.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have you considered the dark side of the force?

There are some Scuba Reality Check events being run by some of the guys fromvthis forum, which might be an ideal way to get a feel for where you're at and whether GUE might be something you'd like to consider for your future training / diving.

There are GUE instructors in various parts of the UK and the coldest to you is probably Graham Blackmore, aka GrahamHK on here.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ian. Yes deffinately thought about the gue route.

There seems pros and cons to it. Major pros from what I see are that you should become a much better diver, technique wise etc.

Cons. well for me at present. It seems a bit to regimented. I see the reasons for this, just not sure it suits me.

Thanks for the advice with graham Blackmore :-)

Saying that I would love to give it a go on one of their trial days, to make a final decision.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpayneuk View Post

Tris. Good question regarding technical level. For now I would say just to allow extra depth and allow deco.
    So a rec course such as the BSAC Sports Diver may just achieve what you're looking for - Dive Leader certainty will. You don't need to be in a BSAC branch either - but do need to be a member
    Andy
    www.budediveclub.co.uk
    www.gafirs.org.uk
    If it moves - canoe it, if it doesn't dive it!

Dive tart, and 'tog Pete Bullen's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mark Powell would always be my 1st pick for a non-GUE instructor and he's not far away from you, lives 5 minutes from Vobster.

I'd add that I've dived with some of the top GUE divers in Europe and whilst the beginners who have just come out of fundies can be very focused on the DIR essentials the more experienced guys are just great divers and I've never known one of them say anything remotely negative about the way I dive despite all the ammunition I have given them
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Instructor reccomendation - devon

I think you'll find its 5 mins from NDAC. 😉

+1 for Mark. He has been one of my instructors on some of my diving and instructional courses.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using Timmytalk. Any incorrect wording can be blamed on autocorrect, not my bad England
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast