Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Posting an image to TDF - Basic How To Guide

When we set the forum we decided that as there are plenty of options to host images so that they are in your control and not TDF's we removed the option to upload to the TDF server.

Options include Facebook, Flickr, Photobucket, Tinypics, even Dropbox. If you don't have Dropbox, here is a referral link which means we both get an additional 500Mb of Dropbox storage space for free.

The URL needs to be pasted into the text box when you select the picture frame icon above.

Facebook:

Upload the image to Facebook. Navigate to the album, select the photo. Right click on the image and select the URL of the image you want. Paste it into the URL text box.

Flickr:

Upload the image, navigate to the image. Select the dropdown 'Share', Tick "Grab the HTML/BBCode", select BBCode, copy and paste the BBCode into your text, delete everything apart from http://farm8....jpg, recopy that text and paste it into the URL text box

I have not used Photobucket so can't comment, but presume the technique is broadly the same.

Dropbox:

Copy the image (of size approx 600-800 pixels across) into the 'Public' folder of Dropbox and then right click on the image in Explorer or Finder and select Dropbox>>Copy Public Link from the menu option and then paste that into the URL space above.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards
    Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
    www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
    - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Still making God laugh... Stevie H's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The facebook one is incomplete:

Right click desired photo, choose properties and copy url from there - once in TDF choose "insert image" and copy url unto box.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie H View Post
    The facebook one is incomplete:

Right click desired photo, choose properties and copy url from there - once in TDF choose "insert image" and copy url unto box.
    Not in FireFox

Right click the image and on the drop down menu you will see "Copy Image Location".
    Last edited by londonsean69; 28-01-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    No option to browse and upload from your own computer? :confused:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    When we set the forum we decided that as there are plenty of options to host images so that they are in your control and not TDF's we removed the option to upload to the TDF server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Clamp View Post
    No option to browse and upload from your own computer? :confused:
    No, it's the first thing GLOC mentioned in his post

Basically, it keeps server costs down by not hosting 1000s of images
    After the debacle of 'the other place' a lot of people decided they didn't want their images available for VS to do what they like with. A hosted image couldn't be deleted as they locked the ability to edit threads. A linked image was easy to break the link on.

Get a photobucket account, very easy to use. You can also link direct from Facebook, and others.
    Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post
    No, it's the first thing GLOC mentioned in his post
    Basically, it keeps server costs down by not hosting 1000s of images
    After the debacle of 'the other place' a lot of people decided they didn't want their images available for VS to do what they like with. A hosted image couldn't be deleted as they locked the ability to edit threads. A linked image was easy to break the link on.
    Get a photobucket account, very easy to use. You can also link direct from Facebook, and others.
    Many thanks for your reply. Understand the cost thingy and thanks for giving GLOC a pat on the back (he is ex RAF so may need it ;-) ). i load a few pics from time to time on FB for friends and family and cannot forsee the need to load up anything else elsewhere, so am happy to suffer the consequences

Eddie ex RN :-)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

fairly standard to just link to piccies Eddie. this keeps prices down amongst the other benefits of you maintaining some image control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    regards, Charlie

charliesez http://tinyurl.com/bjjus8g

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Eddie, you can hyperlink from public FB albums into TDF, so you need to change what you do now
    Gareth

- 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOC View Post
    Eddie, you can hyperlink from public FB albums into TDF, so you need to change what you do now
    Ok! Have dropbox and pic I have placed there. I go to my dropbox computer folder and it gives me no url to click on and save to upload here :-).

Sorry! Have pity as I arose at 0345 to catch the early morning ferry from Gozo this morning.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Clamp View Post
    Ok! Have dropbox and pic I have placed there. I go to my dropbox computer folder and it gives me no url to click on and save to upload here :-).

Sorry! Have pity as I arose at 0345 to catch the early morning ferry from Gozo this morning.

Put the image in the Public folder of Dropbox, then right click and there should be something likes 'Copy Public Link', and the post that into the bit where it asks for a URL.

Regards
    Gareth

- 2014 Report here

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast