• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j_b
    aka demonweb
    • Dec 2012

Kent Tooling Cage System for AP units

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone is using the Kent Tooling Cage System for AP units? Really looking for any feedback on it.
    TIA
  • colinicky
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

So which is first the deep pursuit style head or the frame ?
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

• j_b
      aka demonweb
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by colinicky
      So which is first the deep pursuit style head or the frame ?
      After some hard thinking over the Christmas break, I'm thinking the frame. The KT cage thing will accommodate the classic and if I upgrade to a vision or evo (you're getting the blame for that BTW ) it'll take that too.

Comment

• dickiebird
        New TDF Member
        • Mar 2013

I have been using a KT frame on my vision for about 2 years now, I asked for the base to be changed for the jj style stand as this accommodates Bail out cylinder securing points well. I have the frame which just fits the unit and does not allow the scrubber to move around and is excellent quality, I have 3'Ltrs mounted either side and my 1.5ltr suit inflation cyl also fits on the side of the Dil. the rear of the cage is easily removable with access to the head. Hoses have been routed easily and in the sea with a membrane suit I only require 1lb extra lead as I inflate my wing slightly to allow the unit to float off my back slightly (due to a back injury my back stiffens up on some long cold water dives)

Regards,

Dickie

Comment

• j_b
          aka demonweb
          • Dec 2012

Thanks... I've just ordered the new round one and the base on that one sounds like you describe... I guess the answers to all my questions will be answered in a fortnight or so

Comment

Working...