Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doomanic
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

He only had a light breakfast, it's not surprising he ordered a skinny drink... 😂
    Originally posted by Chrisch
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
      Hail the Children of LLyr
      • Jan 2013

Pumpkin season. Already done soup, roasted seeds and roasted wedges of pumpkin which we ate with a beef chillie.

What? You're just supposed to remove the seeds, carve holes in it and leave it outside to rot.?
      "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Comment

• steelemonkey
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Noggin the Nog
        Pumpkin season. Already done soup, roasted seeds and roasted wedges of pumpkin which we ate with a beef chillie.

What? You're just supposed to remove the seeds, carve holes in it and leave it outside to rot.?
        For the rest of the year I have to rely on Asian/Caribbean grocers for a supply of squashes.
        Paul.
        If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
        Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Tim Digger
          Prior Member
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by steelemonkey
          For the rest of the year I have to rely on Asian/Caribbean grocers for a supply of squashes.
          I have grown Butternut squash for the last two years in W Mids. While not as large as shop grown ones as the growing season in UK is not long enough, by starting them early indoors and potting out and hardening off I get 6-8 from 3 plants, I still have three left they keep very well in a cool non frosted place.
          The size actually is much more appropriate for us.
          Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
          Tim Digger

Comment

• cazyoung
            I still don't have a member
            • Dec 2012

We have numerous squash species fruits from my OH plantings all over the garden and horse muck heap! The muck heap grows year on year as OH stops me getting it removed.
            A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
            I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Comment

• jamesp
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by cazyoung
              We have numerous squash species fruits from my OH plantings all over the garden and horse muck heap! The muck heap grows year on year as OH stops me getting it removed.
              Muck heap is best place to grow squashes, they like rich soil.
              I had my best Pumpkins growing out of the compost bin!

Comment

• Tim Digger
                Prior Member
                • Feb 2013

Screwfix.

Just had very good experience trying to get, some replacement screws for my housing to base plate. Have to be SS obviously and first time did not take housing but the single screw I had. Not bright, I now know to take what you want to screw into!
                But they were incredibly helpful and when they could not supply the rather odd US fit screw thread size recommended another source.
                Which leads me on to another like, Living in the Black Country! If! You know where to go you can get anything made or supplied here.
                Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
                Tim Digger

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
                  Hail the Children of LLyr
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Tim Digger
                  Screwfix.

Just had very good experience trying to get, some replacement screws for my housing to base plate. Have to be SS obviously and first time did not take housing but the single screw I had. Not bright, I now know to take what you want to screw into!
                  But they were incredibly helpful and when they could not supply the rather odd US fit screw thread size recommended another source.
                  Which leads me on to another like, Living in the Black Country! If! You know where to go you can get anything made or supplied here.
                  There's a really useful chandlers at (Willington) Mercia Marina, just up the A38 towards Derby. Maybe not US sizes but has lots of other bits and does not seem to be as expensive as coastal marinas. It's a bit of a trek but, make a day out of it and you're sorted.
                  "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Comment

Working...