Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 193
  1. #1
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Broadway Cotswolds
    Posts
    1,459
    Likes (Given)
    148
    Likes (Received)
    678

    Aqualung/Apeks 2014 Full Spare Parts Drawings & Parts

    Here you go, for starters enclosed in the Pdf link below.

    The 92 pages of:

    Aqualung and Apeks Marine 2014 Full Spare Parts catalogue

    See how internally nothing has changed in 25 years, its the same internal design, same internal parts, only the plastic outer contours and shape change and each year save only a fancy OTT black plating option, with a limited edition sticker for the "sheep"

    See also in print this farcical $40 on line training course they offer for our local dive shop chaps to click on a few options and after they charge you to service your own stuff.

    Its that simple guys couple of clicks on the internet and your done, kitchen sink, ultrasonic bath, couple of spanners and a LP gauge

    And Apeks Marine/Aqualung wonder why as a diver I would prefer to service my own ?

    I ask again why make the availability of genuine service spare parts to experienced divers who wish to undertake there own servicing any more difficult than it already is.

    http://www.docdroid.net/kw7f/aqua-lu...-2014.pdf.html

  2. #2
    Forum Advertiser South West Diving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    419
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    I ask again why make the availability of genuine service spare parts to experienced divers who wish to undertake there own servicing any more difficult than it already is.
    I suppose one genuine question would be is, how do they supply spare parts to "experienced divers" and not to "unexperienced divers"
    W www.southwestdiving.co.uk
    E info@southwestdiving.co.uk
    T 07960 - 99 44 22


    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

  3. #3
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    165
    Likes (Given)
    73
    Likes (Received)
    27
    Doe this mean that if you do the online course they will supply you parts?
    Born to dive, Forced to work

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Coatbridge Sur la Mer
    Posts
    1,444
    Likes (Given)
    122
    Likes (Received)
    1115
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul f View Post
    Doe this mean that if you do the online course they will supply you parts?
    No.

    To do the course you must first be an authorised Aqualung/Apeks dealer (or working for one) in order to gain access to the Aqualung training website and then parts will only be supplied to an authorised dealer. So as a private individual you can't get access to the courses and, even if you could, you still couldn't get parts.

    To my mind the big problem is that being an authorised dealer doesn't mean you or your employee have ever laid a spanner on a reg in your lives but you can do an online course, get the parts, and start servicing and charging for it. Whereas an experienced person who has been doing their own stuff for years and only ever intends servicing their own kit can't get the parts.

    From a business perspective I don't think it makes any real difference. The vast majority of divers will pay for servicing their regs just as the vast majority of drivers pay for servicing their cars and in the latter case you can any part you want with ease.

    What it may signal is Aqualung/Apeks finally getting a grip in general and from my point of view this will be a good thing if they start protecting their brands and stop certain retailers selling Apeks regulators at below trade price. Not so good for the individual diver though.

  5. #5
    All hail ZOM Woz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,149
    Likes (Given)
    114
    Likes (Received)
    2337
    Having seen regs serviced by either accredited service techs or "experienced" divers, I've seen nightmares from both where I've had to strip and reservice them myself.
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

  6. #6
    #keepittea ebt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    dahn saf
    Posts
    1,864
    Likes (Given)
    386
    Likes (Received)
    1127
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickdive View Post
    To my mind the big problem is that being an authorised dealer doesn't mean you or your employee have ever laid a spanner on a reg in your lives but you can do an online course, get the parts, and start servicing and charging for it. Whereas an experienced person who has been doing their own stuff for years and only ever intends servicing their own kit can't get the parts.
    Hit the nail on the head.

    Arguing with the cartels is pretty much pointless though..... most people just dive the regs, ignore the service intervals and have trouble free diving. Of course thats an individual choice....shocking concept

  7. #7
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Broadway Cotswolds
    Posts
    1,459
    Likes (Given)
    148
    Likes (Received)
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by South West Diving View Post
    I suppose one genuine question would be is, how do they supply spare parts to "experienced divers" and not to "unexperienced divers"
    Genuine answer
    Why should they bother to care.

    Maybe they should open up this "ticky box" internet dealer service course to all.

    We happily pay our $40 dollars. Tick the boxes get that fancy writing paper certificate

    They make up a genuine part numbered retail price, give the LDS a 50% mark up and let each and every LDS sell it like any other component spare part.

    At least then its genuine, in a sealed bag direct from manufacturer.

    Ideally with a cure date and a batch code for traceability and not some LDS hatched parts made up of stuff from E-Bay and ex serviced scrap they have collected from the kitchen sink drawer.

    Or should we retain our "under the counter" schemes at "mates rates" when some LDS try's it on to stuff you 30 for a 10 spares kit he made up out back in a plain wrapper.

    Iain

  8. #8
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Broadway Cotswolds
    Posts
    1,459
    Likes (Given)
    148
    Likes (Received)
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickdive View Post
    No.

    What it may signal is Aqualung/Apeks finally getting a grip in general and from my point of view this will be a good thing if they start protecting their brands and stop certain retailers selling Apeks regulators at below trade price. Not so good for the individual diver though.

    Im sorry Hick, this is not the case Aqualung/Apex themselves sell to certain big LDS retailers at TRADE less 30%
    That is the trade price itself gives a 40% to 55% mark up depending on the part then depending who you are in the trade, how big you are, how much Aqualung turnover you do you get an additional 20 to 30 percent off that original trade price.

    So with this additional trade price less 30% off that allows the big retailers a full mark up and they can still can sell at the same price or better than most small dive shops are buying at.

    Put another way from Apex/Aqualung perspective the additional price loading onto the smaller retailers pays the additional discount to the bigger retailers.

    Further more these smaller Mom and Pop LDS dive shops and retailers are indirectly and unknowingly paying the big retailers for there full page magazine adverts, the web site and to add insult to injury they are also indirectly paying for the dive show stands and the big stores goods on display "Sale or Return".

    What it is not is Apex Aqualung getting to grips but IMHO the beginning of the end and an example of foolish disjointed and out of touch decisions

    No spares is no support and support runs both ways. Just a thought. Iain

  9. #9
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Broadway Cotswolds
    Posts
    1,459
    Likes (Given)
    148
    Likes (Received)
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Having seen regs serviced by either accredited service techs or "experienced" divers, I've seen nightmares from both where I've had to strip and reservice them myself.
    Woz you are not a dive shop, where do you get your spares kits from and how much?

  10. #10
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Broadway Cotswolds
    Posts
    1,459
    Likes (Given)
    148
    Likes (Received)
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by ebt View Post
    Hit the nail on the head.

    Arguing with the cartels is pretty much pointless though..... most people just dive the regs, ignore the service intervals and have trouble free diving. Of course thats an individual choice....shocking concept

    I have no intension of arguing with the cartels and agree its a pointless position.
    Think of it more along the lines of:

    "Speak softly but carry a big stick"

    I am very fond of using the line "If you don't like this your gonna hate what's coming"

    Therefore with that in mind, and in addition as a warning to the diving community at large and this forum in particular we also need a representative on IDEST and SITA and fast.

    Some one who can attend the meetings and report back you know the stuff thats in the pipeline that is going to kick the life out of diving as a hobby and sport. Iain


 
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •