Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    'Day 1' TDF Member doggy's doodah's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If the mask(s) aren't the problem, try some Polyfilla on your face!
    Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shaving? I tried loads of masks to stop leaks until I realised that they all work perfectly so long as I shave. Just a thought. I've got a few spares now! That and making sure the straps aren't too tight.

Love my prescription mask except...I can't use it if I want to use my camera as well, because it and my computer just become blurry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could start a fight in a convent. Mikael's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheSea View Post
    Shaving? I tried loads of masks to stop leaks until I realised that they all work perfectly so long as I shave. Just a thought. I've got a few spares now! That and making sure the straps aren't too tight.

Love my prescription mask except...I can't use it if I want to use my camera as well, because it and my computer just become blurry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Keeping well groomed does help. I am fortunate enough not to need bifocals so have no issue with reading gauges or camera settings
    Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
    It is a rare dive where I don't get some water in my mask, on other dives I have had the experience of having to clear my mask dozen or more times. I can only conclude that I have awkward face shape to find a good fit for. The two Hollis variants have been the best so far, fit a my narrowish face well but I still get some water creeping in at the bottom. I think this is due to the having the reg in my mouth that makes my upper lip lift up, disturbing the fit of the skirt just below my nose. Does anyone else find this an issue?
    Bit outside your box perhaps, but with the right Apollo prescription lenses I found their BioMetal mask resolved that same issue for me. Finding one to try locally, could however be an issue for you. http://www.apollosportsusa.com/Produ...ometal_Pro.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12