Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmanthin View Post
    I don't know what voltage the battery is, but they are 26650's. I bought a couple and a charger for 20 also off of fleabay.

    All I'd say is don't go for anything with "wild fire" on it, as they have a habit of shorting out.

    I'll send you the link to the battery guy I got them off. Was very good, knew his stuff and I've been using them all year with no issues.
    Cheers, 26650 - that's the one. I thought I would give the torch a go based on your recommendation but forgot to check what battery I needed and then felt rather foolish when it arrived !

  2. #22
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by deepunderground View Post
    Bought mine from one of these e cig vaping shops
    I don't know what that means but thanks

  3. #23
    Over-educated Idiot Fatmanthin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pontefract W/Yorks
    Posts
    277
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
    Cheers, 26650 - that's the one. I thought I would give the torch a go based on your recommendation but forgot to check what battery I needed and then felt rather foolish when it arrived !
    Haha. No worries.

    The only problem with these torches I've found through use is the rotating on/off switch gets quite loose.

    Again, this is simply fixed by winding some PTFE plumbing tape along the edge of the switch then poking it under the switch to stiffen it up (oo er!)

    Andy
    Be happy. If you're not, you're doing it wrong.

  4. #24
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    170
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
    I don't know what that means but thanks
    With reference to the battery's required for the mentioned torches....

    The shops that sell these electronic cigarette devices also sell the battery's if you want to physically go and buy them yourself instead of mail order

  5. #25
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by deepunderground View Post
    With reference to the battery's required for the mentioned torches....

    The shops that sell these electronic cigarette devices also sell the battery's if you want to physically go and buy them yourself instead of mail order
    I don't get out much..... an 'e cig vaping shop' sounded a bit like either an Amsterdam coffee shop or somewhere you go to get your e cig topped up or something

  6. #26
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmanthin View Post
    Haha. No worries.

    The only problem with these torches I've found through use is the rotating on/off switch gets quite loose.

    Again, this is simply fixed by winding some PTFE plumbing tape along the edge of the switch then poking it under the switch to stiffen it up (oo er!)

    Andy
    is your marked XML-T6

    XML is the chip, right ? T6 the bulb ?

    I don't understand these things

    The torch that has arrived is marked HWA/WYS UltraFire and Cree T6 - not the same as the one in the ebay ad

    Just wondering if what I have been sent matches what you are using (before I spend on the batteries and charger !)

  7. #27
    Over-educated Idiot Fatmanthin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pontefract W/Yorks
    Posts
    277
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
    is your marked XML-T6

    XML is the chip, right ? T6 the bulb ?

    I don't understand these things
    Yeah, it's the bulb that it referee to. I'm not sure which is which though.

    The torch that has arrived is marked HWA/WYS UltraFire and Cree T6 - not the same as the one in the ebay ad
    Sounds like you have the right one.

    Here are some pics to show you:









    Hope this helps.

    Andy
    Be happy. If you're not, you're doing it wrong.

  8. #28
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmanthin View Post
    Sounds like you have the right one.

    Here are some pics to show you:

    cheers - is it brute force and ignorance to get to this point ? I assume you've just unscrewed the bezel on the top ?

  9. #29
    Over-educated Idiot Fatmanthin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pontefract W/Yorks
    Posts
    277
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    77
    Yep. Unscrew the bezel, then Unscrew the polished aluminium reflector. Depending on model, the xml unit will either stay put or fall out. If it stays put, brilliant. If it falls out, you'll have to glue it in while making sure the magnetic switches line up. If it does fall out, let me know and I'll send more pics on what you need a to do.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Be happy. If you're not, you're doing it wrong.

  10. #30
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chalfont St Peter
    Posts
    111
    Likes (Given)
    23
    Likes (Received)
    27
    my humble build.. been to 42m no issues.. the switch is the weak point but can be fixed..

    http://johnohuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...r-my-sony.html


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •