Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57
  1. #51
    Established TDF Member DiverMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cheltenham, Glos.
    Posts
    986
    Likes (Given)
    263
    Likes (Received)
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    An inland site once baulked at filling a cylinder for me,because the O2 was a month out of date(this was 12months days).
    They filled it as it was a rebreather O2 cylinder and they made it clear they would not usually and they shouldnt .....

    The price and the <150 bar fill means they will never have to do me a favour again.
    how bad was it? My buddy once paid 15 for a fill to 140 bar in his 3l O2 cylinder. Which had about 80/90 bar in when he dropped it in. 9 to top up I'd the worst I've paid (apart from a Red Sea live aboard where I missunderstood the pricing schema)

  2. #52
    Established TDF Member jamesp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    4,758
    Likes (Given)
    2570
    Likes (Received)
    1693
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverMike View Post
    how bad was it? My buddy once paid 15 for a fill to 140 bar in his 3l O2 cylinder. Which had about 80/90 bar in when he dropped it in. 9 to top up I'd the worst I've paid (apart from a Red Sea live aboard where I missunderstood the pricing schema)
    Not that bad, but at the time it was more than I was paying for boosted 200 bar from empty(<40bar) at the LDS for less than 100 bar.

    Some times you have to take it, just dont expect me to smile as well.

  3. #53
    Mark Milburn Okeanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mabe, Penryn, Cornwall
    Posts
    79
    Likes (Given)
    37
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron MacRae View Post
    OK. Another slightly different question.

    I've just had my Ali 7L cylinder back from it's first visual check + O2 clean.

    Test certificate says 20th Feb 2015 and white O2 label says Apr 16.
    15 months from O2 clean is 20th May 2016.
    Should sticker not be May 2016?
    When counting the months you include the month you are in, so April is correct. I know it is nit picking but if it was stamped May, it can technically be more than 15 months since the last O2 clean. BUT, SITA standards state that the O2 sticker should be punched out representing the date it was cleaned.
    www.sita.org.uk/pdf/sita-02-clean-2012-1.doc
    Declared interest:
    SDI/TDI Diver Training, Stingray RHIB and/or Moonshadow Hard Boat Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba.

  4. #54
    TDF Member germie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    180
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    218
    All countries have different rules. There are countries where a 2 or 3 year interval for hydro is needed. In my country, the Netherlands it is every 5 year. Steel or ali or composite it doesn't matter. composite cylinders you can throw away 15 years after production, then you cannot retest them anymore.
    The visual inspection must be done every year, but you can do it yourself. Oxygen clean is 12 months, but most shops don't give you stickers, so there is absolutely no way to proof it. You can clean cylinders and valves yourself too.
    Most shops fill what you ask. There are some shops that wants nitrox stickers if you want nitrox in you cylinders (read: they want to sell the stickers). And M26 valves are happely not seen here. Sometimes shops try to sell, but always refuse

  5. #55
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Andover, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,417
    Likes (Given)
    1437
    Likes (Received)
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    When counting the months you include the month you are in, so April is correct. I know it is nit picking but if it was stamped May, it can technically be more than 15 months since the last O2 clean. BUT, SITA standards state that the O2 sticker should be punched out representing the date it was cleaned.
    www.sita.org.uk/pdf/sita-02-clean-2012-1.doc
    The O2 sticker on my cyl is punched out April 2016, so it's not the date it was cleaned.

    So are the rules for the hydro and the O2 clean dates different?
    Hydro and O2 tests done on 20th February 2015.
    I got a full 2.5 years on the hydro, blue label says August 2017, which is 2 years and 6 months and 10 days.
    I get April 16 on the O2 clean, which is 1 year 2 months and 10 days.
    So I'll need to get 3 O2 cleans before the hydro is due in August 2017
    I thought Hydro and 02 cleans were supposed to line up?

  6. #56
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    1,313
    Likes (Given)
    1727
    Likes (Received)
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    That is proper odd.

  7. #57
    Mark Milburn Okeanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mabe, Penryn, Cornwall
    Posts
    79
    Likes (Given)
    37
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron MacRae View Post
    The O2 sticker on my cyl is punched out April 2016, so it's not the date it was cleaned.

    So are the rules for the hydro and the O2 clean dates different?
    Hydro and O2 tests done on 20th February 2015.
    I got a full 2.5 years on the hydro, blue label says August 2017, which is 2 years and 6 months and 10 days.
    I get April 16 on the O2 clean, which is 1 year 2 months and 10 days.
    So I'll need to get 3 O2 cleans before the hydro is due in August 2017
    I thought Hydro and 02 cleans were supposed to line up?
    Service intervals are:
    Hydro every 5 years
    Visual Inspection at 2.5 years after the hydro
    O2 clean lasts 15 months from the month done

    Your blue label of August 2017 test should have been July
    O2 clean should have been Feb 2015
    You should have 1 O2 clean between hydro and visual, as long as it is done at the correct time.
    Declared interest:
    SDI/TDI Diver Training, Stingray RHIB and/or Moonshadow Hard Boat Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba.


 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •