Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    On YD again
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sold
    Last edited by AMW; 02-08-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i like Iain ,s post

and to be fair he did say the fitting would be ok with light use ,
    the kiss link was rather good , show , you the nice stuff , then pointing out how you may be sold something not as nice , if your not on the ball ,

he went a bit OTT , wanting other info to be posted , i think if that info would have been posted , i would have learned maybe some more ,

but like others have said , maybe its not the thread for that , shame tho ,

Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu Baron015's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iain's posts are the best on this thread, I'm just wondering whtat happens next if he is supplied the info / numbers off the couplings he has requested. We might learn something. (Not Paulo, he is against learning anything if the thread has the wrong title or something, categorising the internet must be very important).

---
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.

Memento mori.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Kinda fittings that Iain uses will be the best on the market I would think..he dose it for a living and has a reputation to maintain ....
    A lesser quality fitting that is not used hard day in day out is probably more than fit for purpose ...? CE marked..?

I personally insisted on genuine beaver for my decanting whip..but that's just me..more cash than sense
    Bacon is good for you!.....................................

On YD again
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sold
    Last edited by AMW; 02-08-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
    The Kinda fittings that Iain uses will be the best on the market I would think..he dose it for a living and has a reputation to maintain ....

CE marked..?
    No thats not true we use the self same identical fittings offshore. (various brands make the same ISO fitting, Like DIN )

The kicker is just not to the same pressure.

1. Those brass fittings on that pump were not supplied by the manufacturer.
    2. Despite repeated asking for the make and part number. it is not forthcoming, Why?
    3. Red Flag raised.

It's an old trick but buyer beware I guess and my guess is there an add on by someone else, such as a dive shop, who knows.
    No one is telling.
    But those ISO type B QC fittings regardless of who the manufacturer is in brass used for oxygen are rated at only 77 bar.

And you can easily read the self same instructions for yourselves when using gas from the various manufacturers data sheets and not just looking at the printed hydraulic static service pressure.

For anything approaching 230 bar gas you need to start using stainless steel for the mechanical reasons I gave earlier.

Cant see what the fuss is about regarding my post, its not like I make up the standards, I thought you had diving instructors to make them up for you. LOL.

Now you bring up the CE markings. just remember I'm just answering the question.
    The International Hydraulics unit is not CE marked therefore you cant legally sell them in UK/ Europe so nobody in the UK carries spare parts for the thing.
    The question now is I guess who will do the servicing if indeed you can service as no one can legally in UK sell a non CE certified oxygen pressure product. So its DHL postage from USA for the parts.

DIY is always an option as is flog it off (but don't reply to genuine questions) and see how far ahead that gets you on a divers forum.
    I guess on your head be it. LOL Iain
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 02-08-2014 at 09:21 PM.

On YD again
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last edited by AMW; 08-09-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Booster for sale

Andrew, please don't 'move on'. I don't use a booster. Don't need to, but personally appreciated your post and learnt something from what you listed,
    Jon W Harvey
    PADI IDCS#261514
    BSAC OWSI#6870
    ASSET Service Technician T980

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For those of you who have not had the pleasure of Iain before he is a very knowledgeable individual for all things compression and coupling related, unfortunately he has the social skills of an autistic house brick....

It isn't a pleasant combination
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I like the thought of an autistic house brick. Hats off to him for not letting it go even though no one else cares about the standard. But has certainly made me think about standards, and one day when I buy a booster I might pm him. Although I have a feeling he will ridicule me and I would just buy brass ones out of spite

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast