Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 714 of 759 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 7582
  1. #7131
    Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    None of your business, vbulletin.
    Posts
    1,605
    Likes (Given)
    3886
    Likes (Received)
    1244
    Well, it was either here or in the VOTD thread.

    I can't believe it took me four days to discover this gem, which I felt at the time was inevitably going to be made.

    I present Clownfall.
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

    * Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

  2. #7132
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,472
    Likes (Given)
    1474
    Likes (Received)
    1346
    If you can run a 270k car you ought to be able to insure it.....................

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-62119184
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  3. #7133
    Tofu eating wokerato Chrisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    9,589
    Likes (Given)
    1004
    Likes (Received)
    4218
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    If you can run a 270k car you ought to be able to insure it.....................

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-62119184
    It is surprisingly common. The insurance is so expensive it is "worth it" to take the risk. Good to see some of them get caught but lots do not.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

  4. #7134
    Prior Member Tim Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Midlands UK
    Posts
    5,233
    Likes (Given)
    3746
    Likes (Received)
    4080
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    It is surprisingly common. The insurance is so expensive it is "worth it" to take the risk. Good to see some of them get caught but lots do not.
    And excellent that the police are media savy enough to post it to deter others. Insurance (vehicle) is not for you it's for others. Not having insurance to drive something (anything) that might kill/injure someone is an anti social act. One could reflect that the US might go down this route re guns.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

  5. #7135
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    3,980
    Likes (Given)
    1036
    Likes (Received)
    1928
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rare Violet sea snails spotted in Isles of Scilly

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-62136449

  6. #7136
    Established TDF Member jamesp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    5,704
    Likes (Given)
    2816
    Likes (Received)
    2155
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62142208


    I must admit to a view on this, I have machine tools where various features (like the amount of storage memory) are "switched on" via optional payments.
    Pay again for what`s already there!

    On Haas, they want 2600 for the highspeed machining option, which is a one digit parameter change on a Heidenhain, listed in the back of the manual.
    Fanuc are the pits, but over the years I may have acquired about a dozen pages of parameter hacks for everything up to a 21 control.

    Lets just say my turning centre is "fully loaded"!

  7. #7137
    Tofu eating wokerato Chrisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Poole
    Posts
    9,589
    Likes (Given)
    1004
    Likes (Received)
    4218
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62142208


    I must admit to a view on this, I have machine tools where various features (like the amount of storage memory) are "switched on" via optional payments.
    Pay again for what`s already there!
    It is the new scam system. Virtually everything is going to a subscription model. The accounts package Sage has just decided to switch off old software to force people onto a subscription. For us it is a grand a year to subscribe to something we already have and have already paid for. Abobe went that way a while back for most graphics software. MS Office did the same.

    Money grubbing filth all of them.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

  8. #7138
    Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brighton, at the Marina end.
    Posts
    3,140
    Likes (Given)
    618
    Likes (Received)
    2378
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I have machine tools where various features (like the amount of storage memory) are...
    Are they still measuring that in meters?

    (of punched tape)

    asking as an ex-Hitachi Seiki programmer
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

  9. #7139
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    2,732
    Likes (Given)
    1115
    Likes (Received)
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    It is the new scam system. Virtually everything is going to a subscription model. The accounts package Sage has just decided to switch off old software to force people onto a subscription. For us it is a grand a year to subscribe to something we already have and have already paid for. Abobe went that way a while back for most graphics software. MS Office did the same.

    Money grubbing filth all of them.
    Fortunately for most of the subscription only models such as those you mention, there are (mostly) equally good alternatives out there which are still one off payments or even free. MS do actually have Office available outwith the 365 subscription (MS Office 2021) although it is kept hidden quite well in their website.

  10. #7140
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    3,980
    Likes (Given)
    1036
    Likes (Received)
    1928
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    Are they still measuring that in meters?

    (of punched tape)

    asking as an ex-Hitachi Seiki programmer
    ISO or EIA codes?


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •