Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 648 of 685 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 6841
  1. #6471
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    137
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Why oh why do any dog owners let this happen? Very sadly it is almost certainly the dog owner that is at fault as they chose not to control ie put the b*stard on a lead.......

    Some days I wish that the UK had the very liberal gun laws that USA has, not very often but sometimes!!!!
    The NRA has a slogan. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

    Should the same principle be used for dogs?

  2. #6472
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Posts
    521
    Likes (Given)
    595
    Likes (Received)
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    The NRA has a slogan. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

    Should the same principle be used for dogs?
    I take it you mean the US NRA (created several years after the UK NRA)?

  3. #6473
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    137
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by barnaby_s View Post
    I take it you mean the US NRA (created several years after the UK NRA)?
    Yes. You learn something every day. Just had a good read about the UK version.

  4. #6474
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Posts
    521
    Likes (Given)
    595
    Likes (Received)
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Yes. You learn something every day. Just had a good read about the UK version.
    It is one of the useful facts to wind up Americans that think that all guns in the UK are illegal, that along with the ease of access to silencers/moderators in UK compared with the US is a good one.

  5. #6475
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    137
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by barnaby_s View Post
    It is one of the useful facts to wind up Americans that think that all guns in the UK are illegal, that along with the ease of access to silencers/moderators in UK compared with the US is a good one.
    Used to get a smile from the US guys when I asked “what sort of arms a well regulated militia would need”

  6. #6476
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Posts
    521
    Likes (Given)
    595
    Likes (Received)
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Used to get a smile from the US guys when I asked “what sort of arms a well regulated militia would need”
    Too many would probably reply tactical nuclear weapons.

  7. #6477
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Room 531
    Posts
    7,402
    Likes (Given)
    1718
    Likes (Received)
    5752
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Used to get a smile from the US guys when I asked “what sort of arms a well regulated militia would need”
    Their totally-disorganised militia didn't do too well last January.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

  8. #6478
    Established TDF Member jamesp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    5,540
    Likes (Given)
    2781
    Likes (Received)
    2092
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    Their totally-disorganised militia didn't do too well last January.
    Could be worse, our lot are trying to deny organising a piss up in the back garden

  9. #6479
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,435
    Likes (Given)
    1349
    Likes (Received)
    1307
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-60023122

    A sad state of affairs but nothing that new. I quit NHS because as a lone female working in isolation (x-ray departments were usually remote from A&E) out of hours having to deal with drunks I got fed up with people taking a swing at me or threatening to. In those days it was sadly part of the job and there were no security guards if you were lucky a porter would hang around.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  10. #6480
    Pedantic Pig Divemouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    6,563
    Likes (Given)
    8864
    Likes (Received)
    4350
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •