Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 637 of 719 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637638639647687 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 7184
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59816567

I saw the bodycam footage today from the policeman who shot her (I won't post the link as it's easily found and probably breaks TDF's T&C's) and it's not good viewing. The officer responsible looks like he deserves everything that he hopefully gets (if there is any justice). Even if he hadn't accidentally killed the 14 year old girl in the crossfire, the shooting of the original suspect looks more like an execution. Very sad.
    I was brought up with guns and the safe handling of such - that bodycam footage makes for very uncomfortable viewing. No consideration of what is behind or around the aggressor, seemingly just point in the general direction of the incident and pull the trigger.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59816567

I saw the bodycam footage today from the policeman who shot her (I won't post the link as it's easily found and probably breaks TDF's T&C's) and it's not good viewing. The officer responsible looks like he deserves everything that he hopefully gets (if there is any justice). Even if he hadn't accidentally killed the 14 year old girl in the crossfire, the shooting of the original suspect looks more like an execution. Very sad.
    I can understand that the police are very nervous thinking they are going up against an armed man. But execution
    Is the appropriate word here.

Graham.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The concrete cows (are they still there?) have more brain cells than this lot.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-milton-keynes
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    The concrete cows (are they still there?) have more brain cells than this lot.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-milton-keynes

Living in MK there is lots on local FB pages about this. A lot of outrage about the attack on the theatre were many children were out with parents. Some commenting where were security? As someone said it would be a bad place to live if you need security as a Panto.

The fact that they could not tell the difference between a testing and a vaxenation centre is an indication of their stupidity. I did see some footage from the protesters going into spoons for a cider first thing in the morning.

I would not be surprised if the police were aware of this demonstration as testing was cancelled in Mk at 08:00 yesterday morning.

And yes the concrete cows are still grazing by the railway line.

Graham

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    I was brought up with guns and the safe handling of such - that bodycam footage makes for very uncomfortable viewing. No consideration of what is behind or around the aggressor, seemingly just point in the general direction of the incident and pull the trigger.
    Yep. Also the question of a 5.56mm being an appropriate choice for the environment as well.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    I can understand that the police are very nervous thinking they are going up against an armed man. But execution
    Is the appropriate word here.

Graham.
    "Armed" being a bike lock. Everyone seems to be taking the line that a bike lock can be a deadly weapon which is true. At a couple of metres and under then for sure. At 5 or 6m? The threat seems a tad diminished.

Don't know if you saw the bodycam footage but there seems a hell of a lot wrong. The guy who shoots him has a hell of a long time between arrival and the actual shooting and doesn't really appear to make any attempt to confirm what he's armed with or get any info from the other officers already there. He certainly appears to have made the decision he was going to shoot the guy before he even set foot in the building. Everything he does is to put himself in a position to do it regardless of anything else. The guy was contained at the end of an aisle, he was no direct threat to anyone. It might have been an altruistic decision but it doesn't really look that way.

It's easy to sit in judgement in the comfort of an armchair but it really does look like the choice to end this guy's life was made before the officer even reached him. And that decision cost the life of an innocent child. I hope her family get justice for her.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Yep. Also the question of a 5.56mm being an appropriate choice for the environment as well.
    556 has very little stopping power it was designed to wound and increase the burden on the opponent rather than outright kill like say a 762.

I have known 556 rounds to get caught in the flimsy plastic target from 300m.
    JJ wanker

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "Armed" being a bike lock. Everyone seems to be taking the line that a bike lock can be a deadly weapon which is true. At a couple of metres and under then for sure. At 5 or 6m? The threat seems a tad diminished.

Don't know if you saw the bodycam footage but there seems a hell of a lot wrong. The guy who shoots him has a hell of a long time between arrival and the actual shooting and doesn't really appear to make any attempt to confirm what he's armed with or get any info from the other officers already there. He certainly appears to have made the decision he was going to shoot the guy before he even set foot in the building. Everything he does is to put himself in a position to do it regardless of anything else. The guy was contained at the end of an aisle, he was no direct threat to anyone. It might have been an altruistic decision but it doesn't really look that way.

It's easy to sit in judgement in the comfort of an armchair but it really does look like the choice to end this guy's life was made before the officer even reached him. And that decision cost the life of an innocent child. I hope her family get justice for her.
    Not trying to make excuses. I agree looking at the footage the officer went in there armed with a rifle with the intention to kill. From listening to the audio I think he assume the man was armed with a firearm. Definitely he could have taken the time to find more information before firing as at that point the attacker was no longer a danger to his victim.

The sad thing is by the officers lack of thinking and I suspect not following his training a young girl died. The LAPD press officer appears to be hoping this will be forgotten about when he say the investigation could take a year.

Graham

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    556 has very little stopping power it was designed to wound and increase the burden on the opponent rather than outright kill like say a 762.

I have known 556 rounds to get caught in the flimsy plastic target from 300m.
    The fatal shot that killed the girl was a miss from what I've read.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    Not trying to make excuses.
    I didn't think you were, my reply was badly worded and wasn't meant as argumentative.

The LAPD press officer appears to be hoping this will be forgotten about when he say the investigation could take a year.
    Yep, agreed. And probably will be forgotten about because there's no political point to be made.