Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 528 of 598 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538578 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 5973
  1. #5271
    Pedantic Pig Divemouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    5,992
    Likes (Given)
    8040
    Likes (Received)
    3878
    It was a bit extreme. On the upside, I got one of those comedy honking trumpet things for my bike which is hilarious when pointed at passers by from the side window of a bus.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

  2. #5272
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belper, Europe
    Posts
    3,216
    Likes (Given)
    2202
    Likes (Received)
    1948
    After saying for many years that there are no good politicians one has popped up to make me reassess the situation:

    https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/anti-m...NOkoIio04zQWn8
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

  3. #5273
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    3,387
    Likes (Given)
    924
    Likes (Received)
    1591
    Temporary good news about the Hong Kong Dolhins at least.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-china-54157254

    My wife and I went on a trip run by the local dolphin conservation society when we were in Hong Kong. Definitely recommended if you are visiting Hong Kong - they tend to congregate in the sea right near the airport. Fascinating creatures. They are white but when they exert themselves, they turn pink as blood flows towards the extremities.

  4. #5274
    Hail the Children of LLyr
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Posts
    3,785
    Likes (Given)
    1309
    Likes (Received)
    1680
    Maybe I should've put this in 'rant'.
    He takes a 400k cut but still gets plenty. She now gets a million extra.
    Why the hell are they worth that, especially in these times?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54119758
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

  5. #5275
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gloucestershire UK
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Maybe I should've put this in 'rant'.
    He takes a 400k cut but still gets plenty. She now gets a million extra.
    Why the hell are they worth that, especially in these times?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54119758
    At least you can opt out by not watching live TV and hence not pay a TV license. Estimated 350m a year for the royal family, now that's a rant!

  6. #5276
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Retired in Middle East- for now
    Posts
    1,371
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaiHal View Post
    At least you can opt out by not watching live TV and hence not pay a TV license. Estimated 350m a year for the royal family, now that's a rant!
    As long as you dont use BBC iplayer either

  7. #5277
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gloucestershire UK
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    As long as you dont use BBC iplayer either
    Nope, if I ever get directed to BBC iPlayer I always answer negatively to the license question - interesting fact, the live broadcast of the previous general election did not ask if I had a license, I've always wondered if this was an error, or if the broadcast of a general election was license free.

    Netflix, YouTube and my own DVD library are about all I watch.

  8. #5278
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belper, Europe
    Posts
    3,216
    Likes (Given)
    2202
    Likes (Received)
    1948
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaiHal View Post
    Nope, if I ever get directed to BBC iPlayer I always answer negatively to the license question - interesting fact, the live broadcast of the previous general election did not ask if I had a license, I've always wondered if this was an error, or if the broadcast of a general election was license free.

    Netflix, YouTube and my own DVD library are about all I watch.
    Nope, there are no free channels on the live TV. If you receive a TV signal or a satellite signal and use it then you are required to have a licence.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

  9. #5279
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,147
    Likes (Given)
    1123
    Likes (Received)
    1171
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Maybe I should've put this in 'rant'.
    He takes a 400k cut but still gets plenty. She now gets a million extra.
    Why the hell are they worth that, especially in these times?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54119758
    Add to that if I remember correctly the previously free licence to ?over 75's has been withdrawn.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  10. #5280
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gloucestershire UK
    Posts
    100
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Nope, there are no free channels on the live TV. If you receive a TV signal or a satellite signal and use it then you are required to have a licence.
    No, that's not entirely correct, I believe that may have been the old definition. I receive a signal, I just choose not to decode and view it. The law states you need a TV license

    to watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
    to watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)
    to download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer.

    Lets face it, if you have a wire somewhere in your house there's a good chance it's receiving a signal.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •