Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 495 of 610 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6094
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    However I am more concerned about the probable non cooperation with advice from Track and Trace when any turn up positive. I had reason to look up Draconian and Draconic measures this morning. Derivation not necessarily as you might think to Dragons but to Draco an Athenian noble in Ancient Greece advocating what may well be needed in future here!
    The problem is that all confidence is gone in the entire anti-covid programme. I'm sure I'm just repeating the obvious but let's just look back for a moment. First we had the old "we're all in this together, so stand side by side, just the blitz". It rapidly became clear that we weren't and we aren't. Some animals are more equal than others. The Track and Trace system is percieved to be another half-arsed affair, probably because it is tainted by the dubious (probably nepotic) contract given to those clueless con men to develop the app,even though it was not really a key part of the system, as well as the fact it was all "up and running" to much fanfare but actually only in the sense that some of the staff were unaware of it until the day before and had nothing to do, and almost no training on how to do it. Meanwhile, we went from stage 1 to stage 2 of the unlocking plan before we met the criteria, and now we're at stage 3 before we met those criteria too. Social distancing rules were changed on the request of Duncan-Smith and his fellow shitbags (who didn't even try to disguise their brazen demands by doing it in private to save the ministerial blushes), but only after an "investigation" to determine if the desired outcome was indeed going to be the outcome, which, sure enough, it was. (I'm sure we'll be seeing a similar outcome in the BLM-related investigations into racial inequalities, especially when it's led by someone how doesn't believe they exist. Might as well have hired Dawkins to lead a theological conference on whether or not God exists) In amongst all this, we have layer after layer of lies and bullshit (remember the PPE ammounts, tests per day, world-class response etc etc?), so even those inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt won't know if they should be believed, taken seriously or even mean wwhat they say. Lastly, the threat of re-imposing lock-down is impotent.... no one gives a shit any more, and so the threat is hollow. Who is going to be able to even try to enforce that? The current guidance is history; for information only, the lockdown is over and no one is going to be able to get the genie back in the bottle. Draconian measures or otherwise (short of martial law). There'll be many people who will follow the rules for a while but if they need to break them, they won't hesitate long.

Sadly, I think we're in for a miserable near to medium term future, and the people who'll have to pick up the pieces and those who have to try to save as many as they can are going to have a terrible time. Back when we were all talking Brexit things, I mentioned I wasn't worried about a healthy person in a job getting angry due to Brexit being cancelled. It was the impoverised angry people with nothing to left to lose, those who'd lost their jobs and had no future. Now they they won't be alone and will have the pressure of a health crisis to increase the heat under the pressure cooker....
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I see where you are coming from but the council leader from the area was not complaining so much about the numbers but rather the behaviour. People parking on roundabouts, pavements and narrow roads. 22 tons of rubbish removed from the beach yesterday, people not using the public lavatories because of queues and just doing their stuff behind beach houses etc. There is no excuse for behaviour such as this.
    Their excuse is we don't give a shit (left it behind the beach hut).

There is a real possibility that the council will shut Bournemouth beach. So after being locked down with no customers Bournemouth businesses will have no tourists as we have no beach. I am in favour of it because the arseholes that are here are well, arseholes, but I can see how much local business is being screwed. Let's all be honest the "opening up" has nothing to do with the disease or science or any progress made it is 100% driven by the need to make money.

You must, in life, accept that which you cannot change. I cannot make people better or stop them being arseholes so let them get on with whatever. If they want to give their granny a shitty death so be it. I think Sandbanks beaches will be shut to the public by the end of next week.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Their excuse is we don't give a shit (left it behind the beach hut).

There is a real possibility that the council will shut Bournemouth beach. So after being locked down with no customers Bournemouth businesses will have no tourists as we have no beach. I am in favour of it because the arseholes that are here are well, arseholes, but I can see how much local business is being screwed. Let's all be honest the "opening up" has nothing to do with the disease or science or any progress made it is 100% driven by the need to make money.

You must, in life, accept that which you cannot change. I cannot make people better or stop them being arseholes so let them get on with whatever. If they want to give their granny a shitty death so be it. I think Sandbanks beaches will be shut to the public by the end of next week.
    Kind of want to answer with bollocks you miserable git.

It's not about money or the oppression of the proletariat working classes. It's about people being cooped up for months, loosing their jobs, education and facing financial ruin whilst the government prevaricates and ALL THE EVIDENCE indicates we're on the long-tailed decline all over Europe.

The only criticism is why go to Bournemouth? There's much nicer places to go to, like Sarrfend

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post

It's not about money or the oppression of the proletariat working classes. It's about people being cooped up for months, loosing their jobs, education and facing financial ruin whilst the government prevaricates and ALL THE EVIDENCE indicates we're on the long-tailed decline all over Europe.

The only criticism is why go to Bournemouth? There's much nicer places to go to, like Sarrfend
    And, in Sarrfend, people won't comment if you shit in the streets.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    An interesting encounter for some South African surfers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...frica-to-shore

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep the tail long enough, it will up-tick.
    We have maybe four months to get it under control, before we get round two, from an increased baseline.

I am very much of the mind that I had it last Christmas, two months before it was supposed to exist here.
    I can do a head count of everyone else that had "it" (from multiple un-linked sources) at the same time.

This neck of the woods, it is still on the up.

Local food factory has 97 confirmed cases this week, has been declared an "outbreak" by the WAG; yet the numbers do not add up with the WAG daily briefing.
    Neither do the 150 odd in Llangefni on Angelsey.

The stats being abused on a daily basis, would do Orwell`s ministry of truth a dis-service.

Still, it`s over in Lundahn; so it`s over everywhere.

Do you think many of that crowd on the beach give a stuff about education?
    Talking to my daughters head teacher (who lives at the end of our close), a good number of kids have done stuff all of the home schooling work that was sent out from her school.
    Daughter has done the lot.

Some of us, not even NHS/police essential worker types, have worked straight through this; now we are reaping the benefits.

Like the 240 (half the workforce) in Magellan who are getting canned; the high tech, high value, high paid jobs that were "our future" in your post brexit utopia.
    Another local aerospace firm has announced a redundancy consultation, as their business is down 30 %, thats going to be a three figure number ( they employ arond 400 here, same again down south).

JCB is yet to announce, but they always do, and they were screwed in February.

I have picked up on a good deal of resentment brewing in companies, where people have been working, and the furloughed have been sat on their arse on 80%+; and are now objecting to being brought back in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ... ALL THE EVIDENCE indicates we're on the long-tailed decline all over Europe.

Moronic bollocks.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Let's stick with news stories on this thread. Start another one if you want a slanging match. Cheers.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Let's stick with news stories on this thread. Start another one if you want a slanging match. Cheers.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53194358

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53186920
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.