Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 108 of 623 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 6225
  1. #1071
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Room 531
    Posts
    7,096
    Likes (Given)
    1640
    Likes (Received)
    5506
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen - Winged Blob View Post
    I really don't see what colour has to do with it here. Some of the people expressing approval are probably envious of the ability to take more direct action rather than faff around with boundless red tape, to-and-fro ineffective policies, pointless and expensive legal procedures, for what usually ends up as very little result.

    Take another example: if people of equally dark hue living somewhere where shark fins are slashed off, had their boats sunk beneath them, that would no doubt draw equally vocal approval; however that too would be just as prohibited here in the UK. Again, I don't see how that is related to skin tone.
    I think there is an inherent assumption that certain people are disposable because life is cheaper in certain places. It's Africa, it doesn't really matter if you kill someone. "It's a different world". I very much doubt the people cheering on an execution without trial would have the same opinion if it was an Englishman on his estate.

    I'm curious as to why it is OK to be happy someone in Africa is murdered but not OK if it is someone here.

    I'm sure, as you say, ethinicity is not relevant...

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

  2. #1072
    feckface von clownstick BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Torbaydos
    Posts
    10,000
    Likes (Given)
    5921
    Likes (Received)
    5574
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I'm curious as to why it is OK to be happy someone in Africa is murdered but not OK if it is someone here.
    I am generally happy for any twunt to be removed from the planet regardless of colour of geographical fluke of birth...
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

  3. #1073
    Supergnu Jen - Winged Blob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Leeds/Pontefract, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,453
    Likes (Given)
    1531
    Likes (Received)
    1752
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I think there is an inherent assumption that certain people are disposable because life is cheaper in certain places. It's Africa, it doesn't really matter if you kill someone. "It's a different world". I very much doubt the people cheering on an execution without trial would have the same opinion if it was an Englishman on his estate.

    I'm curious as to why it is OK to be happy someone in Africa is murdered but not OK if it is someone here.

    I'm sure, as you say, ethinicity is not relevant...

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Wot BTS said.

  4. #1074
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Room 531
    Posts
    7,096
    Likes (Given)
    1640
    Likes (Received)
    5506
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I am generally happy for any twunt to be removed from the planet regardless of colour of geographical fluke of birth...
    With or without trial?

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

  5. #1075
    Supergnu Jen - Winged Blob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Leeds/Pontefract, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,453
    Likes (Given)
    1531
    Likes (Received)
    1752
    Having had one of our cats go missing last November, I'm still trawling through the various Lost/Found pages and sites. Some of the pitiful situations created by inhumane beings make for gruelling reading and my tolerance is at a particularly low ebb, so rhino horn poachers and their ilk will currently find the sum total of nil sympathy here.

  6. #1076
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    In what way is it a different world?

    You get a bunch bleeding heart middle class white people on FB cheering because a brown man murdered another brown man over an animal. Why should the same standard not apply in the UK? Why shouldn't we summarily execute the owner of a hunting estate for killing a red kite?

    Are red kites less valuable than black rhinos to the world? It appears to be OK to protect one endangered animal by using murder because it's a different world, presumably because a dead African is much more acceptable than a dead Englishman. Plenty of them, they can afford to lose a few and might stop moaning about poverty. It'd shut Bono up for a while too.

    I find the world of the SJW type to be a bizarre place. Either cheer on killing the Englishman or don't cheer on killing the black man. Seems a bit hypocritical otherwise.
    have you spent much time in East Africa ? I've spent a little, second last time I was there a bloke wandered through our bush camp at disk with an AK47 over his shoulder, a few weeks earlier someone was murdered in the room next door to friends on the same trip and a few weeks later I bribed my way through a border at night and hitched a lift from guys in a pick up truck with guns in their laps, woke up later same day to a row with someone shouting "go on then, shoot me, shoot me" and we were 'protected' by a kid with a machine gun on part of the trip - and thats just the stuff I remember off the top of my head, things just run differently

    the guys we went up into the Virungas with were armed to the teeth and it wasn't for protection from wildlife

    it may not be right, but its the way things are

    you only have to look at the recent news about the British pilot shot down on poacher patrol to see that, or this - https://virunga.org/news/statement-f...recent-events/

    the two places just don't compare

    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I think there is an inherent assumption that certain people are disposable because life is cheaper in certain places. It's Africa, it doesn't really matter if you kill someone. "It's a different world". I very much doubt the people cheering on an execution without trial would have the same opinion if it was an Englishman on his estate.

    I'm curious as to why it is OK to be happy someone in Africa is murdered but not OK if it is someone here.
    nothing to do with disposability from my perspective - but with pragmatism

    the rangers with the sniper rifles are probably pretty outgunned and at major risk themselves in anything but a sniper operation (you might as well complain that the SAS weren't very sporting dressing up in Burkhas to get into Raqqa or using sniper rifles themselves)

    some places can't be policed the same way as others

    its just the way things are, and unless we are willing to spend our money providing a policing operation to the standard we might prefer, then there is a limit to how much we can criticise

    its difficult though, because there has to be a limit to that way of thinking
    Last edited by Cheeky Monkey; 08-02-2016 at 02:41 PM.

  7. #1077
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Room 531
    Posts
    7,096
    Likes (Given)
    1640
    Likes (Received)
    5506
    So when someone posts on here that killing a man without trial is a good idea then it's OK because it's just Africa.

    Thanks, that's that cleared up.




    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

  8. #1078
    feckface von clownstick BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Torbaydos
    Posts
    10,000
    Likes (Given)
    5921
    Likes (Received)
    5574
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    With or without trial?
    a twunt is a twunt...
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

  9. #1079
    feckface von clownstick BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Torbaydos
    Posts
    10,000
    Likes (Given)
    5921
    Likes (Received)
    5574
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    So when someone posts on here that killing a man without trial is a good idea then it's OK because it's just Africa.

    Thanks, that's that cleared up.
    OK is a relevant term, as Mr Monkey says, Africa is a different place, you can't apply westernised first world logic to that country.... And the world is a richer place thanks to that diversity.... and all the mineral wealth we, the French and the Dutch stole...
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

  10. #1080
    Cancelled Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,499
    Likes (Given)
    460
    Likes (Received)
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    So when someone posts on here that killing a man without trial is a good idea then it's OK because it's just Africa.

    Thanks, that's that cleared up.
    feel free to volunteer to go over, become a police reservist, and try to arrest them yourself - if you can do it better, or are happy for our taxes to fund it better, then I'm all for that

    140 rangers lost in Virunga national park alone in last 20 years

    latest 2 weeks ago - http://www.travelnewsrwanda.com/news...-fallen-ranger
    Last edited by Cheeky Monkey; 08-02-2016 at 02:52 PM.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •