Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 647 of 688 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 6875
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Goebbels understood that a very big percentage of people would rather believe a lie that fits their prejudices than accept the truth.
    It doesn't even need to be that overt. Every time you have bacon and eggs for breakfast it's the result of manipulation by one advertising exec a century ago. Same man who turned Chiquita bananas into a global brand (and overthrew the government of Guatemala in the process).
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    I think, Hartlepool turned blue at the last election. Nick Robinson was interviewing a bloke who voted Tory for the first time in his life because his town had lost its A&E facility and police station. It hadnít occurred to the fuckwitted specimen that Tory policies were responsible for the closure and that its previous MP had fought to maintain their
    These are the people who voted for a guy in a monkey suit to be mayor. I wonít mention the rumour they may have hanged a monkey as a French spy

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    I am as guilty as the next person (more so I guess) at calling people stupid. The real problem is that although this is partly true and many are a bit dim this crackers belief system is not simply down to stupidity but a whole misinformation system that is funded by people who are quite determined both to stay rich and to totally fuck up the environment.
    My pinned Tweet sums this up. (I've posted its contents here before, so I wouldn't bother clicking the link if you assiduously follow my pearls of wisdom on TDF. And if you don't, shame on you!)

Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    Same man who turned Chiquita bananas into a global brand (and overthrew the government of Guatemala in the process).
    If only there were a term for a nation effectively governed by a corporation...
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

* Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    My pinned Tweet sums this up. (I've posted its contents here before, so I wouldn't bother clicking the link if you assiduously follow my pearls of wisdom on TDF. And if you don't, shame on you!)

If only there were a term for a nation effectively governed by a corporation...
    United Kingdom? Have you read Captive State?

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59987935

I'll bet we don't see him down the dole office though.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59987935

I'll bet we don't see him down the dole office though.
    The Andrew formerly known as prince.
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

* Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Two quotes from a sky news link online:-

"Boris is preparing to lay down the lives of his staff to save his own. It will be the Night of the Long Scapegoats."

One minister said: "He is in total survival mode. He is so worried that he has started to read his Government papers."

I wonder how many people the second one flys over their heads.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Two quotes from a sky news link online:-

"Boris is preparing to lay down the lives of his staff to save his own. It will be the Night of the Long Scapegoats."

One minister said: "He is in total survival mode. He is so worried that he has started to read his Government papers."

I wonder how many people the second one flys over their heads.
    Some people can see no wrong in him. I think some also want him gone, but can't face the choice of 'who next'.
    Bought a house in Devon, drank cider from a lemon.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Why oh why do any dog owners let this happen? Very sadly it is almost certainly the dog owner that is at fault as they chose not to control ie put the b*stard on a lead.......

Some days I wish that the UK had the very liberal gun laws that USA has, not very often but sometimes!!!!
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke